- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 704967, 6 pages
Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor Supplementation in Culture Media for Subfertile Women Undergoing Assisted Reproduction Technologies: A Systematic Review
1Assisted Reproduction Unit, Third Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Rimini 1, Chaidari, 12642 Athens, Greece
2Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, Vas Sofias 76, 11528 Athens, Greece
3Médico Especialista en Medicina Reproductiva (SAMeR), Especialista Universitario en Ginecología y Obstetricia, Magíster en Efectividad Clínica, Viamonte 1432, Buenos Aires, Argentina
4Third Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Attikon Hospital, Rimini 1, Chaidari, 12642 Athens, Greece
Received 19 November 2012; Revised 9 January 2013; Accepted 26 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jack R. Wall
Copyright © 2013 Charalampos Siristatidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Menezo, J. Testart, and D. Perrone, “Serum is not necessary in human in vitro fertilization, early embryo culture, and transfer,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 750–755, 1984.
- M. A. F. M. Youssef, M. Van Wely, H. G. Al-Inany, F. Van Der Veen, and S. Repping, “Culture media for human preimplantation embryos for in assisted reproductive technology cycles,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 3, Article ID CD007876, 2009.
- C. Sjöblom, M. Wikland, and S. A. Robertson, “Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor promotes human blastocyst development in vitro,” Human Reproduction, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 3069–3076, 1999.
- D. Kim, M. Kim, H. Kang, et al., “The supplementation of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in culture medium improves the pregnancy rate in human ART programs,” Fertility Sterility, vol. 76, no. 3, supplement 1, p. S6, 2001.
- C. Sjöblom, M. Wikland, and S. A. Robertson, “Granulocyte-macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) promotes inner cell mass blastomer viability in human pre-implantation embryos,” Fertility Sterility, vol. 76, no. 3, supplement 1, p. S70, 2001.
- B. S. Shapiro, K. S. Richter, S. T. Daneshmand, P. Quinn, and B. Bechr, “Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor enhances human embryo development to the blastocyst stage: a randomized study,” Fertility Sterility, vol. 79, supplement 2, pp. S15–S16, 2003.
- I. Agerholm, A. Loft, F. Hald et al., “Culture of human oocytes with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor has no effect on embryonic chromosomal constitution,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 477–484, 2010.
- Origio Website 2011, “Company releases: Origo Report 2011: live birth rates support significant effect from EmbryoGen in patients with previous miscarriage,” http://www.origio.com/~/media/6679ECD7069A4E2292675746F05AA869.ashx.
- S. A. Robertson and R. F. Seamark, “Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF): one of a family of epithelial cell-derived cytokines in the preimplantation uterus,” Reproduction, Fertility, and Development, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 435–448, 1992.
- M. J. Jasper, M. Brännström, J. I. Olofsson et al., “Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor: presence in human follicular fluid, protein secretion and mRNA expression by ovarian cells,” Molecular Human Reproduction, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 555–562, 1996.
- S. A. Robertson, C. Sjöblom, M. J. Jasper, R. J. Norman, and R. F. Seamark, “Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor promotes glucose transport and blastomere viability in murine preimplantation embryos,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 1206–1215, 2001.
- S. A. Robertson, C. T. Roberts, K. L. Farr, A. R. Dunn, and R. F. Seamark, “Fertility impairment in granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-deficient mice,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 251–261, 1999.
- A. Liberati, D. G. Altman, J. Tetzlaff et al., “The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 62, pp. e1–e34, 2009.
- D. Moher, D. J. Cook, S. Eastwood, I. Olkin, D. Rennie, and D. F. Stroup, “Improving the quality of reports of meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials: the QUOROM statement,” The Lancet, vol. 354, no. 9193, pp. 1896–1900, 1999.
- G. A. Wells, B Shea, D. O’Connell, et al., “The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality if nonrandomized studies in meta-analyses,” Dept of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada, 2011, http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.htm.
- J. D. Aplin and S. J. Kimber, “Trophoblast-uterine interactions at implantation,” Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, vol. 2, article 48, 2004.
- D. Glujovsky, D. Blake, C. Farquhar, and A. Bardach, “Cleavage stage versus blastocyst stage embryo transfer in assisted reproductive technology.,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 7, Article ID CD002118, 2012.
- F. Scarpellini and M. Sbracia, “Effectiveness of GM-CSF 1 in the treatment of habitual abortion in a controlled study,” Fertility Sterility, vol. 80, no. 3, Supplement 3, p. S288, 2003.