- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 741639, 16 pages
Exercise and Bone Mineral Density in Premenopausal Women: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
1Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
2Meta-Analytic Research Group, Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, P.O. Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506-9190, USA
3Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, P.O. Box 6511, Mail Stop B179, 12631 East 17th Avenue-L15, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Received 18 August 2012; Revised 27 October 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editor: Vin Tangpricha
Copyright © 2012 George A. Kelley et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- George A. Kelley, and Kristi S. Kelley, “Dropouts and Compliance in Exercise Interventions Targeting Bone Mineral Density in Adults: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials,” Journal of Osteoporosis, vol. 2013, pp. 1–19, 2013.
- Kristi S. Kelley, George A. Kelley, and Wendy M. Kohrt, “Exercise and Bone Mineral Density in Premenopausal Women: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials (vol 2013, 741639, 2013),” International Journal Of Endocrinology, 2013.
- Rasha Khatib, Salim Yusuf, Joshua I. Barzilay, Alexandra Papaioannou, Lehana Thabane, Peggy Gao, Philip G. Joseph, Koon Teo, and Andrew Mente, “Impact of lifestyle factors on fracture risk in older patients with cardiovascular disease: a prospective cohort study of 26,335 individuals from 40 countries,” Age and Ageing, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 629–635, 2014.
- Linda Denise Fernandes Moreira, Monica Longo de Oliveira, Ana Paula Lirani-Galvao, Rosangela Villa Marin-Mio, Rodrigo Nolasco dos Santos, and Marise Lazaretti-Castro, “Physical exercise and osteoporosis: effects of different types of exercises on bone and physical function of postmenopausal women,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Endocrinologia E Metabologia, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 514–522, 2014.
- Mary Jane De Souza, Aurelia Nattiv, Elizabeth Joy, Madhusmita Misra, Nancy I. Williams, Rebecca J. Mallinson, Jenna C. Gibbs, Marion Olmsted, Marci Goolsby, and Gordon Matheson, “2014 Female Athlete Triad Coalition Consensus Statement on Treatment and Return to Play of the Female Athlete Triad: 1st International Conference Held in San Francisco, CA, May 2012, and 2nd International Conference Held in Indianapolis, IN, May 2013,” Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 96–119, 2014.
- Mary Jane De Souza, Aurelia Nattiv, Elizabeth Joy, Madhusmita Misra, Nancy I. Williams, Rebecca J. Mallinson, Jenna C. Gibbs, Marion Olmsted, Marci Goolsby, and Gordon Matheson, “2014 Female Athlete Triad Coalition Consensus Statement on Treatment and Return to Play of the Female Athlete Triad: 1st International Conference held in San Francisco, California, May 2012 and 2nd International Conference held in Indianapolis, Indiana, May 2013,” British Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 48, no. 4, 2014.