- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 907565, 11 pages
Soy Glycinin Contains a Functional Inhibitory Sequence against Muscle-Atrophy-Associated Ubiquitin Ligase Cbl-b
1Department of Nutritional Physiology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3-18-15 Kuramoto-cho, Tokushima 770-8503, Japan
2Medical Mycology Research Center, The University of Chiba, Chiba 260-8673, Japan
3Division of Biological Science and Technology, College of Science and Technology, Institute of Biomaterials, The University of Yonsei, Wonju 220-710, Republic of Korea
4Department of Food Science, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770-8503, Japan
Received 22 December 2012; Revised 7 April 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Maria Antonietta Pellegrino
Copyright © 2013 Tomoki Abe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Criswell, F. W. Booth, F. DeMayo, R. J. Schwartz, S. E. Gordon, and M. L. Fiorotto, “Overexpression of IGF-I in skeletal muscle of transgenic mice does not prevent unloading-induced atrophy,” American Journal of Physiology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 275, no. 3, pp. E373–E379, 1998.
- S. M. Harman and M. R. Blackman, “The effects of growth hormone and sex steroid on lean body mass, fat mass, muscle strength, cardiovascular endurance and adverse events in healthy elderly women and men,” Hormone Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 121–124, 2003.
- M. J. Rennie, “Claims for the anabolic effects of growth hormone: a case of the emperor's new clothes?” British Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 100–105, 2003.
- R. Nakao, K. Hirasaka, J. Goto et al., “Ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b is a negative regulator for insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling during muscle atrophy caused by unloading,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 29, no. 17, pp. 4798–4811, 2009.
- K. Masuda, M. Maebuchi, M. Samoto et al., “Effect of soy-peptide intake on exercise-induced muscle damage,” Japan Society of Clinical Sports Medicine, vol. 15, pp. 228–235, 2007.
- T. G. Anthony, B. J. McDaniel, P. Knoll, P. Bunpo, G. L. Paul, and M. A. McNurlan, “Feeding meals containing soy or whey protein after exercise stimulates protein synthesis and translation initiation in the skeletal muscle of male rats,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 357–362, 2007.
- T. Nikawa, M. Ikemoto, T. Sakai et al., “Effects of a soy protein diet on exercise-induced muscle protein catabolism in rats,” Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 490–495, 2002.
- K. Hirasaka, S. Kohno, J. Goto et al., “Deficiency of Cbl-b gene enhances infiltration and activation of macrophages in adipose tissue and causes peripheral insulin resistance in mice,” Diabetes, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 2511–2522, 2007.
- K. Hirasaka, T. Nikawa, L. Yuge et al., “Clinorotation prevents differentiation of rat myoblastic L6 cells in association with reduced NF-κB signaling,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1743, no. 1-2, pp. 130–140, 2005.
- S. Kohno, T. Ueji, T. Abe et al., “Rantes secreted from macrophages disturbs skeletal muscle regeneration after cardiotoxin injection in Cbl-b-deficient mice,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 223–229, 2011.
- T. Ogawa, H. Furochi, M. Mameoka et al., “Ubiquitin ligase gene expression in healthy volunteers with 20-day bedrest,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 463–469, 2006.
- D. W. West and G. E. Towers, “A study of the enzymic dephosphorylation of β casein and a derived phosphopeptide,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 453, no. 2, pp. 383–390, 1976.