- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 287532, 7 pages
Learning the Hard Way: Imprinting Can Enhance Enforced Shifts in Habitat Choice
Animal Ecology, Department of Ecology and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Norbyvägen 18D, 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 29 June 2011; Revised 30 August 2011; Accepted 16 September 2011
Academic Editor: Zachariah Gompert
Copyright © 2011 Niclas Vallin and Anna Qvarnström. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Benjamin M. Fitzpatrick, “Underappreciated Consequences of Phenotypic Plasticity for Ecological Speciation,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Katherine L. Ostevik, Brook T. Moyers, Gregory L. Owens, and Loren H. Rieseberg, “Parallel Ecological Speciation in Plants?,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–17, 2012.
- A. C. R. Lackey, and J. W. Boughman, “Divergent sexual selection via male competition: ecology is key,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2013.
- Niclas Vallin, Yuki Nonaka, Jue Feng, and Anna Qvarnstrom, “Relative performance of hybrid nestlings in Ficedula flycatchers: a translocation experiment,” Ecology And Evolution, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 356–364, 2013.
- Carlos Camacho, David Canal, and Jaime Potti, “Nonrandom dispersal drives phenotypic divergence within a bird population,” Ecology and Evolution, 2013.
- J. Husek, H. M. Lampe, and T. Slagsvold, “Natal dispersal based on past and present environmental phenology in the pied flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca),” Oecologia, vol. 174, no. 4, pp. 1139–1149, 2014.
- Benjamin M. Fitzpatrick, “Symbiote transmission and maintenance of extra-genomic associations,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 5, 2014.