- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 435357, 15 pages
Ecological Divergence and the Origins of Intrinsic Postmating Isolation with Gene Flow
1Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3B2
2Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
3Institute for Advanced Study, Wissenschaftskolleg, 14193 Berlin, Germany
4Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Received 25 April 2011; Revised 14 June 2011; Accepted 21 June 2011
Academic Editor: Zachariah Gompert
Copyright © 2011 Aneil F. Agrawal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Claudia Bank, Reinhard Bürger, and Joachim Hermisson, “The limits to parapatric speciation: Dobzhansky-Muller incompatibilities in a continent-Island model,” Genetics, vol. 191, no. 3, pp. 845–863, 2012.
- Stephen B. Heard, “Use of Host-Plant Trait Space by Phytophagous Insects during Host-Associated Differentiation: The Gape-and-Pinch Model,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Jeffrey L. Feder, Scott P. Egan, and Andrew A. Forbes, “Ecological Adaptation and Speciation: The Evolutionary Significance of Habitat Avoidance as a Postzygotic Reproductive Barrier to Gene Flow,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Jacob A. Esselstyn, Maharadatunkamsi, Anang S. Achmadi, Cameron D. Siler, and Ben J. Evans, “Carving out turf in a biodiversity hotspot: multiple, previously unrecognized shrew species co-occur on Java Island, Indonesia,” Molecular Ecology, 2013.
- Juan Galindo, Maria J. Rivas, María Saura, and Emilio Rolán-Alvarez, “Selection on hybrids of ecologically divergent ecotypes of a marine snail: the relative importance of exogenous and endogenous barriers,” Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 2013.
- A. Sa-Pinto, M. Martinez-Fernandez, C. Lopez-Fernandez, Z. Ferreira, R. Pereira, J. Gosalvez, and E. Rolan-Alvarez, “Incipient post-zygotic barrier in a model system of ecological speciation with gene flow,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 2750–2756, 2013.
- Jeffrey L. Feder, Samuel M. Flaxman, Scott P. Egan, Aaron A. Comeault, and Patrik Nosil, “Geographic Mode of Speciation and Genomic Divergence,” Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 73–97, 2013.
- Bernard Crespi, and Patrik Nosil, “Conflictual speciation: species formation via genomic conflict,” Trends in Ecology & Evolution, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 48–57, 2013.