- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 942847, 15 pages
Sympatric Speciation in Threespine Stickleback: Why Not?
Howard Hughes Medical Institute; Section of Integrative Biology, University of Texas at Austin, One University Station C0930, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Received 3 May 2011; Accepted 25 June 2011
Academic Editor: Andrew Hendry
Copyright © 2011 Daniel I. Bolnick. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anna Siwertsson, Rune Knudsen, Kim Præbel, Colin E. Adams, Jason Newton, and Per-Arne Amundsen, “Discrete foraging niches promote ecological, phenotypic, and genetic divergence in sympatric whitefish (Coregonus lavaretus),” Evolutionary Ecology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 547–564, 2012.
- Christopher E. Bird, Iria Fernandez-Silva, Derek J. Skillings, and Robert J. Toonen, “Sympatric Speciation in the Post "Modern Synthesis" Era of Evolutionary Biology,” Evolutionary Biology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 158–180, 2012.
- Ingo Schlupp, Timothy J. Colston, Brandon L. Joachim, and Rüdiger Riesch, “ Translocation of cave fish ( Poecilia mexicana) within and between natural habitats along a toxicity gradient ,” Ecology of Freshwater Fish, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 228–233, 2012.
- Christopher H. Martin, “Weak Disruptive Selection and Incomplete Phenotypic Divergence in Two Classic Examples of Sympatric Speciation: Cameroon Crater Lake Cichlids,” The American Naturalist, vol. 180, no. 4, pp. E90–E109, 2012.
- Stephen B. Heard, “Use of Host-Plant Trait Space by Phytophagous Insects during Host-Associated Differentiation: The Gape-and-Pinch Model,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Shuqing Xu, Philipp M. Schlüter, and Florian P. Schiestl, “Pollinator-Driven Speciation in Sexually Deceptive Orchids,” International Journal of Ecology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Antoine Millet, Bjarni K. Kristjansson, Arni Einarsson, and Katja Raesaenen, “Spatial phenotypic and genetic structure of threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) in a heterogeneous natural system, Lake Myvatn, Iceland,” Ecology and Evolution, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 3219–3232, 2013.
- Christopher H. Martin, “Strong Assortative Mating By Diet, Color, Size, And Morphology But Limited Progress Toward Sympatric Speciation In A Classic Example: Cameroon Crater Lake Cichlids,” Evolution, 2013.
- Paolo Galeotti, Roberto Sacchi, Daniele Pellitteri-Rosa, Adriana Bellati, Walter Cocca, Augusto Gentilli, Stefano Scali, and Mauro Fasola, “Colour Polymorphism and Alternative Breeding Strategies: Effects of Parent’s Colour Morph on Fitness Traits in the Common Wall Lizard,” Evolutionary Biology, 2013.
- Natalia V. Gordeeva, Sergey S. Alekseyev, Arkadii N. Matveev, Vitalii P. Samusenok, and Eric Taylor, “ Parallel evolutionary divergence in Arctic char Salvelinus alpinus complex from Transbaikalia: variation in differentiation degree and segregation of genetic diversity among sympatric forms ,” Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, pp. 1–20, 2014.
- David H. Hembry, Jeremy B. Yoder, and Kari Roesch Goodman, “Coevolution and the Diversification of Life,” The American Naturalist, pp. 000–000, 2014.
- Matthew E. Arnegard, Matthew D. McGee, Blake Matthews, Kerry B. Marchinko, Gina L. Conte, Sahriar Kabir, Nicole Bedford, Sara Bergek, Yingguang Frank Chan, Felicity C. Jones, David M. Kingsley, Catherine L. Peichel, and Dolph Schluter, “Genetics of ecological divergence during speciation,” Nature, 2014.
- Kyle G. Keepers, and Andrew P. Martin, “Fitness landscape of sympatric pupfishes a useful tool for visualizing speciation,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 2144–2145, 2014.
- Katja Räsänen, and Andrew P. Hendry, “Asymmetric reproductive barriers and mosaic reproductive isolation: insights from Misty lake-stream stickleback,” Ecology and Evolution, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1166–1175, 2014.
- Henrik Kusche, Hans Recknagel, Kathryn Rebecca Elmer, and Axel Meyer, “Crater lake cichlids individually specialize along the benthic-limnetic axis,” Ecology and Evolution, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1127–1139, 2014.
- Michael Turelli, Jeremy R. Lipkowitz, and Yaniv Brandvain, “ ON THE COYNE AND ORR-IGIN OF SPECIES: EFFECTS OF INTRINSIC POSTZYGOTIC ISOLATION, ECOLOGICAL DIFFERENTIATION, X CHROMOSOME SIZE, AND SYMPATRY ON DROSOPHILA SPECIATION ,” Evolution, 2014.