- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 192345, 15 pages
Use of Host-Plant Trait Space by Phytophagous Insects during Host-Associated Differentiation: The Gape-and-Pinch Model
Department of Biology, University of New Brunswick, P.O. Box 4400, Fredericton, NB, Canada E3B 5A3
Received 22 July 2011; Accepted 6 November 2011
Academic Editor: Andrew Hendry
Copyright © 2012 Stephen B. Heard. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Scott P. Egan, Glen R. Hood, Gabriel DeVela, and James R. Ott, “Parallel Patterns of Morphological and Behavioral Variation among Host-Associated Populations of Two Gall Wasp Species,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 1, 2013.
- Gao, Ji, and Liu, “Morphological and genetic variation of the pine shoot tunnel beetle Placusa pinearum (Staphylinidae) in China,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 2086–2101, 2013.
- Bin Zhang, Kari A. Segraves, Huai-Jun Xue, Rui-E Nie, Wen-Zhu Li, and Xing-Ke Yang, “Adaptation to different host plant ages facilitates insect divergence without a host shift,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 282, no. 1815, pp. 20151649, 2015.
- Josephine B. Antwi, Gregory A. Sword, and Raul F. Medina, “Host-associated differentiation in a highly polyphagous, sexually reproducing insect herbivore,” Ecology and Evolution, 2015.