- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 285081, 9 pages
Pollinator-Driven Speciation in Sexually Deceptive Orchids
1Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zürich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
2Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, 07745 Jena, Germany
Received 23 July 2011; Accepted 8 November 2011
Academic Editor: Rui Faria
Copyright © 2012 Shuqing Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ryan D. Phillips, Kingsley W. Dixon, and Rod Peakall, “Low population genetic differentiation in the Orchidaceae: implications for the diversification of the family,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 5208–5220, 2012.
- Shuqing Xu, Philipp M. Schlueter, Ueli Grossniklaus, and Florian P. Schiestl, “The Genetic Basis of Pollinator Adaptation in a Sexually Deceptive Orchid,” Plos Genetics, vol. 8, no. 8, 2012.
- H. Breitkopf, P. M. Schlueter, S. Xu, F. P. Schiestl, S. Cozzolino, and G. Scopece, “Pollinator shifts between Ophrys sphegodes populations: might adaptation to different pollinators drive population divergence?,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2197–2208, 2013.
- Yann Triponez, Nils Arrigo, Loïc Pellissier, Bertrand Schatz, and Nadir Alvarez, “Morphological, ecological and genetic aspects associated with endemism in the Fly Orchid group,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1431–1446, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehead, and Rod Peakall, “Short-term but not long-term patch avoidance in an orchid-pollinating solitary wasp,” Behavioral Ecology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 162–168, 2013.
- Philipp M. Schlueter, Monica A. Schauer, Alok K. Gupta, Lucy Poveda, Zhong-Jian Liu, Ueli Grossniklaus, Shuqing Xu, Khalid E. M. Sedeek, Weihong Qi, and Florian P. Schiestl, “Transcriptome and Proteome Data Reveal Candidate Genes for Pollinator Attraction in Sexually Deceptive Orchids,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- N. D. Swarts, M. A. Clements, C. C. Bower, and J. T. Miller, “Defining conservation units in a complex of morphologically similar, sexually deceptive, highly endangered orchids,” Biological Conservation, vol. 174, pp. 55–64, 2014.
- Björn Bohman, Ryan D. Phillips, Myles H. M. Menz, Ben W. Berntsson, Gavin R. Flematti, Russell A. Barrow, Kingsley W. Dixon, and Rod Peakall, “Discovery of pyrazines as pollinator sex pheromones and orchid semiochemicals: implications for the evolution of sexual deception,” New Phytologist, 2014.
- Tania Hernández-Hernández, Joseph W. Brown, Boris O. Schlumpberger, Luis E. Eguiarte, and Susana Magallón, “Beyond aridification: multiple explanations for the elevated diversification of cacti in the New World Succulent Biome,” New Phytologist, 2014.
- Mascha Bischoff, Andreas Juergens, and Diane R. Campbell, “Floral scent in natural hybrids of Ipomopsis (Polemoniaceae) and their parental species,” Annals of Botany, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 533–544, 2014.
- Rod Peakall, and Michael R. Whitehead, “Floral odour chemistry defines species boundaries and underpins strong reproductive isolation in sexually deceptive orchids,” Annals of Botany, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 341–355, 2014.