- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 456374, 15 pages
Ecological Adaptation and Speciation: The Evolutionary Significance of Habitat Avoidance as a Postzygotic Reproductive Barrier to Gene Flow
1Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
2Department of Biological Sciences, Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Environmental Change Initiative, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
3Department of Biology, University of Iowa, 434A Biology Building, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 14 August 2011; Accepted 16 November 2011
Academic Editor: Rui Faria
Copyright © 2012 Jeffrey L. Feder et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Glen R. Hood, Scott P. Egan, and Jeffrey L. Feder, “ Evidence for sexual isolation as a prezygotic barrier to gene flow between morphologically divergent species of Rhagoletis fruit flies ,” Ecological Entomology, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 521–528, 2012.
- J. L. Feder, S. M. Flaxman, S. P. Egan, and P. Nosil, “Hybridization and the build-up of genomic divergence during speciation,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 261–266, 2013.
- A. Sa-Pinto, M. Martinez-Fernandez, C. Lopez-Fernandez, Z. Ferreira, R. Pereira, J. Gosalvez, and E. Rolan-Alvarez, “Incipient post-zygotic barrier in a model system of ecological speciation with gene flow,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 2750–2756, 2013.
- M.L. Juárez, G. Schöfl, M.T. Vera, J.C. Vilardi, M.G. Murúa, E. Willink, S. Hänniger, D.G. Heckel, and A.T. Groot, “ Population structure of Spodoptera frugiperda maize and rice host forms in South America: are they host strains? ,” Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 2014.
- M. Orsucci, P. Audiot, A. Pommier, C. Raynaud, B. Ramora, A. Zanetto, D. Bourguet, and R. Streiff, “Host specialization involving attraction, avoidance and performance, in two phytophagous moth species,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2015.