- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 725487, 11 pages
How Facilitation May Interfere with Ecological Speciation
1Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 322 Leidy Labs, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
2Department of Plant Ecology, University of Tübingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 3, 72072 Tübingen, Germany
3Laboratoire d'Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Université de Grenoble, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble, France
4Station Alpine J. Fourier, CNRS UMS 2925, Université de Grenoble, 38041 Grenoble, France
5INRA, USC Agripop (CEBC-CNRS), 79360 Beauvoir sur Niort, France
6CEBC-CNRS (UPR 1934), 79360 Beauvoir sur Niort, France
7National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS), University of Tennessee, 1534 White Avenue, Suite 400, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Received 13 July 2011; Revised 15 November 2011; Accepted 10 December 2011
Academic Editor: Rui Faria
Copyright © 2012 P. Liancourt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dong Xu, Fang Li, Zhengquan Gao, Dongsheng Wang, Xiaowen Zhang, Naihao Ye, and Zhimeng Zhuang, “Facilitative interactions between the green-tide macroalga Monostroma arctium and the red macroalga Porphyra yezoensis,” Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, vol. 444, pp. 8–15, 2013.
- Yoann Le Bagousse-Pinguet, Sa Xiao, Rob W. Brooker, Nicolas Gross, Pierre Liancourt, Dietmar Straile, and Richard Michalet, “Facilitation displaces hotspots of diversity and allows communities to persist in heavily stressed and disturbed environments,” Journal of Vegetation Science, 2013.
- Antonio Miranda-Jacome, Carlos Montana, and Juan Fornoni, “Sun/shade conditions affect recruitment and local adaptation of a columnar cactus in dry forests,” Annals Of Botany, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 293–303, 2013.
- A. Randall Hughes, Althea F. P. Moore, and Michael F. Piehler, “ Independent and interactive effects of two facilitators on their habitat-providing host plant, Spartina alterniflora ,” Oikos, pp. no–no, 2013.
- Christian Schwarzer, Thilo Heinken, Vera Luthardt, and Jasmin Joshi, “Latitudinal shifts in species interactions interfere with resistance of southern but not of northern bog-plant communities to experimental climate change,” Journal of Ecology, 2013.
- Maria Clara Castellanos, Santiago Donat-Caerols, Santiago C. González-Martínez, and Miguel Verdú, “Can facilitation influence the spatial genetics of the beneficiary plant population?,” Journal of Ecology, 2014.
- Santiago Soliveres, Christian Smit, and Fernando T. Maestre, “Moving forward on facilitation research: response to changing environments and effects on the diversity, functioning and evolution of plant communities,” Biological Reviews, 2014.