- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 989872, 11 pages
A Place to Call Home: Amphibian Use of Created and Restored Wetlands
1Department of Biology, Texas State University-San Marcos, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
2Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
3Center for Restoration of Ecosystems and Watersheds, School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science, University of Oklahoma, 202 West Boyd Street, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Received 8 July 2011; Revised 26 September 2011; Accepted 20 October 2011
Academic Editor: L. Smith
Copyright © 2012 Donald J. Brown et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mário Ferreira, and Pedro Beja, “Mediterranean amphibians and the loss of temporary ponds: Are there alternative breeding habitats?,” Biological Conservation, vol. 165, pp. 179–186, 2013.
- Y. Anker, Y. Hershkovitz, E. Ben Dor, and A. Gasith, “Application Of Aerial Digital Photography For Macrophyte Cover And Composition Survey In Small Rural Streams,” River Research and Applications, 2013.
- Brett R. Scheffers, and Cynthia A. Paszkowski, “Amphibian use of urban stormwater wetlands: The role of natural habitat features,” Landscape and Urban Planning, vol. 113, pp. 139–149, 2013.
- Susan C. Walls, J. Hardin Waddle, and Stephen P. Faulkner, “Wetland Reserve Program Enhances Site Occupancy and Species Richness in Assemblages of Anuran Amphibians in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley, USA,” Wetlands, 2013.
- A. J. K. Calhoun, J. Arrigoni, R. P. Brooks, M. L. Hunter, and S. C. Richter, “Creating Successful Vernal Pools: A Literature Review and Advice for Practitioners,” Wetlands, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1027–1038, 2014.
- Matthew T. Gallagher, Joel W. Snodgrass, Adrianne B. Brand, Ryan E. Casey, Steven M. Lev, and Robin J. Van Meter, “The role of pollutant accumulation in determining the use of stormwater ponds by amphibians,” Wetlands Ecology and Management, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 551–564, 2014.
- M. B. Kolozsvary, and M. A. Holgerson, “Creating Temporary Pools as Wetland Mitigation: How Well Do They Function?,” Wetlands, 2016.
- William E. Peterman, Brittany H. Ousterhout, Thomas L. Anderson, Dana L. Drake, Raymond D. Semlitsch, and Lori S. Eggert, “Assessing modularity in genetic networks to manage spatially structured metapopulations,” Ecosphere, vol. 7, no. 2, 2016.