- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 368419, 6 pages
Analysis of Temporal and Spatial Changes in the Vegetation Density of Similipal Biosphere Reserve in Odisha (India) Using Multitemporal Satellite Imagery
1Regional Remote Sensing Centre, East, NRSC, ISRO, Kolkata 700156, India
2Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata 700016, India
Received 24 July 2013; Revised 24 October 2013; Accepted 25 November 2013
Academic Editor: Ram C. Sihag
Copyright © 2013 Anima Biswal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Brown, T. R. Loveland, J. W. Merchant, B. C. Reed, and D. O. Ohlen, “Using multisource data in global land-cover characterization: concepts, requirements, and methods,” Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 977–987, 1993.
- D. L. Evans, Z. Zhu, and K. Winterberger, “Mapping forest distributions with AVHRR data,” World Resource Review, vol. 5, pp. 66–71, 1993.
- T. R. Loveland, J. W. Merchant, D. O. Ohlen, and J. F. Brown, “Development of a land-cover characteristics database for the conterminous US,” Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 1453–1463, 1991.
- J. R. G. Townshend, “The 1km resolution global data set: needs of the International Geosphere Biosphere Programme,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 15, no. 17, pp. 3417–3441, 1994.
- T. Fung and W. S. Siu, “Environmental quality and its changes, an analysis using NDVI,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1011–1024, 2000.
- X. Jiang, Q. Wan, L. Du, and B. X. Hu, “Estimation of NDVI images using geostatistical methods,” Earth Science Frontiers, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 71–80, 2008.
- J. Wang, K. P. Price, and P. M. Rich, “Spatial patterns of NDVI in response to precipitation and temperature in the central Great Plains,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 22, no. 18, pp. 3827–3844, 2001.
- Q. Weng, D. Lu, and J. Schubring, “Estimation of land surface temperature-vegetation abundance relationship for urban heat island studies,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 467–483, 2004.
- G. Asrar, R. B. Myneni, and B. J. Choudhury, “Spatial heterogeneity in vegetation canopies and remote sensing of absorbed photosynthetically active radiation: a modeling study,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 41, no. 2-3, pp. 85–103, 1992.
- S. N. Goward and K. F. Huemmrich, “Vegetation canopy PAR absorptance and the normalized difference vegetation index: an assessment using the SAIL model,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 119–140, 1992.
- P. J. Sellers, “A global 1° by 1° NDVI data set for climate studies. Part 2: the generation of global fields of terrestrial biophysical parameters from the NDVI,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 15, no. 17, pp. 3519–3545, 1994.
- S. D. Prince, “A model of regional primary production for use with coarse resolution satellite data,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1313–1330, 1991.
- S. W. Running and R. R. Nemani, “Relating seasonal patterns of the AVHRR vegetation index to simulated photosynthesis and transpiration of forests in different climates,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 347–367, 1988.
- C. J. Tucker and P. J. Sellers, “Satellite remote sensing of primary production,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 1395–1416, 1986.
- C. P. Lo, “Application of Landsat TM data for quality of life assessment in an urban environment,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 21, no. 3-4, pp. 259–276, 1997.
- S. Myeong, D. J. Nowak, and M. J. Duggin, “A temporal analysis of urban forest carbon storage using remote sensing,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 277–282, 2006.
- N. C. Coops, M. A. Wulder, and D. Iwanicka, “Demonstration of a satellite-based index to monitor habitat at continental-scales,” Ecological Indicators, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 948–958, 2009.
- A. Hassini, N. Benabadji, and A. H. Belbachir, “AVHRR data sensor processing,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 2501–2505, 2006.
- J. A. Sobrino and N. Raissouni, “Toward remote sensing methods for land cover dynamic monitoring: application to Morocco,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 353–366, 2000.
- H. G. Champion and S. K. Seth, A Revised Survey of the Forest Types of India, Government of India Press, New Delhi, India, 1968.
- H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, The Flora of Similipahar, Orissa, Regional Research Laboratory, Bhubaneswar, India, 1989.
- S. Misra, Orchids of Orissa, Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh Publication, Dehra Dun, India, 2004.
- R. S. Lunetta and C. D. Elvidge, Remote Sensing Change Detection: Environmental Monitoring Methods and Applications, Ann Arbor Press, Chelsea, Mich, USA, 1998.
- C. J. Tucker, “Red and photographic infrared linear combinations for monitoring vegetation,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 127–150, 1979.
- T. M. Lillesand and R. W. Kiefer, Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation, John Wiley and Sons, Toronto, Canada, 1994.
- G. M. Wickware and P. J. Howarth, “Change detection in the Peace-Athabasca delta using digital Landsat data,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 11, pp. 9–25, 1981.