- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Electrochemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 434186, 7 pages
A Graphite Oxide Paper Polymer Electrolyte for Direct Methanol Fuel Cells
School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Received 14 June 2011; Revised 12 August 2011; Accepted 12 August 2011
Academic Editor: Jiujun Zhang
Copyright © 2011 Ravi Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Wu, X. Z. Yuan, J. J. Martin et al., “A review of PEM fuel cell durability: degradation mechanisms and mitigation strategies,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 104–119, 2008.
- K. Kleiner, “Assault on batteries,” Nature, vol. 441, pp. 1046–1047, 2006.
- J. P. I. de Souza, S. L. Queiroz, K. Bergamaski, E. R. Gonzalez, and F. C. Nart, “Electro-oxidation of ethanol on Pt, Rh, and PtRh electrodes: a study using DEMS and in-situ FTIR techniques,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 38, pp. 9825–9830, 2002.
- R. Kannan, B. A. Kakade, and V. K. Pillai, “Polymer electrolyte fuel cells using nafion-based composite membranes with functionalized carbon nanotubes,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 47, no. 14, pp. 2653–2656, 2008.
- K. Tasakia, A. Venkatesana, P. Pugazhendhib, and R. O. Loutfyb, “Fullerene composite proton conducting membranes for polymer electrolyte fuel cells operating under low humidity conditions,” Preprint Papers–American Chemical Society, Division of Fuel Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 2, p. 530, 2004.
- T. Hirakimoto, K. Fukushima, Y. Li, S. Takizawa, K. Hinokuma, and T. Senoo, Advanced Materials Laboratories, Sony Corporation 4-16-1 Okata Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa, 243-0021, Japan.
- D. A. Dikin, S. Stankovich, E. J. Zimney et al., “Preparation and characterization of graphene oxide paper,” Nature, vol. 448, no. 7152, pp. 457–460, 2007.
- K. D. Kreur, “Proton conductivity: materials and applications,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 8, p. 610, 1996.
- T. Norby, “Solid-state protonic conductors: principles, properties, progress and prospects,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1999.
- D. Pandey, R. Reifenberger, and R. Piner, “Scanning probe microscopy study of exfoliated oxidized graphene sheets,” Surface Science, vol. 602, no. 9, pp. 1607–1613, 2008.
- K. Hinokuma and M. Ata, “Fullerene proton conductors,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 341, no. 5-6, pp. 442–446, 2001.
- W. S. Hummers Jr. and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, p. 1339, 1958.
- M. M. Mench, “Transport in fuel cell systems,” in Fuel Cell Engine, p. 191, Wiley John & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- B. Segar and P. V. Kamath, “Electrocatalytically active graphene-platinum nanocomposites. role of 2-D carbon support in pem fuel cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 19, pp. 7990–7995, 2009.
- J. Sauk, J. Byun, and H. Kim, “Composite nafion/polyphenylene oxide (PPO) membranes with phosphomolybdic acid (PMA) for direct methanol fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 143, no. 1-2, pp. 136–141, 2005.
- V. Baglio, A. Stassi, F. V. Matera, A. Di Blasi, V. Antonucci, and A. S. Arico, “Optimization of properties and operating parameters of a passive DMFC mini-stack at ambient temperature,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 180, no. 2, pp. 797–802, 2008.