- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Forestry Research
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 964260, 11 pages
Emerging Themes in the Ecology and Management of North American Forests
1Department of Wildland Resources, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
2Rocky Mountain Research Station, USDA Forest Service, Fort Collins, CO 80526, USA
3Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
4Department of Forest Resources, University of Minnesota, Saint. Paul, MN 55108, USA
5BC Ministry of Forests and Range, Prince, George, BC, Canada V2L 3H9
6Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
7Cloquet Forestry Center, University of Minnesota, Cloquet, MN 55720, USA
8USDA Forest Service (retired), Box 482, Emigrant, MT 59027, USA
9Center for Forest Disturbance Science, USDA Forest Service, Athens, GA 30602, USA
10Northern Research Station, USDA Forest Service, Grand Rapids, MN 55744, USA
11Department of Forestry, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
12Western Aspen Alliance, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
13U.S. Geological Survey, Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center, Boise, ID 83706, USA
14Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service, Corvallis, OR 97730, USA
15School of Life Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire 5T5 5BG, UK
16Northern Research Station, USDA Forest Service, Saint. Paul, MN 55108, USA
17Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service, LaGrande, OR 97850, USA
Received 26 July 2009; Revised 18 November 2009; Accepted 10 December 2009
Academic Editor: Hamish Kimmins
Copyright © 2010 Terry L. Sharik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mike A. Battaglia, Monique E. Rocca, Charles C. Rhoades, and Michael G. Ryan, “Surface fuel loadings within mulching treatments in Colorado coniferous forests,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 260, no. 9, pp. 1557–1566, 2010.
- Andrew Youngblood, and Brian Palik, “Ecological lessons from long-term studies in experimental forests,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 261, no. 5, pp. 889–892, 2011.
- Jesse K. Kreye, J. Morgan Varner, and Eric E. Knapp, “Effects of particle fracturing and moisture content on fire behaviour in masticated fuelbeds burned in a laboratory,” International Journal Of Wildland Fire, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 308–317, 2011.
- Philippe Deuffic, and Sandrine Lyser, “ Biodiversity or bioenergy: is deadwood conservation an environmental issue for French forest owners? 1 1 This article is one of a selection of papers from the International Symposium on Dynamics and Ecological Services of Deadwood in Forest Ecosystems. ,” Canadian Journal of Forest Research, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1491–1502, 2012.
- Philip N. Owens, William H. Blake, Tim R. Giles, and Neil D. Williams, “Determining the effects of wildfire on sediment sources using Cs-137 and unsupported Pb-210: the role of landscape disturbances and driving forces,” Journal Of Soils And Sediments, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 982–994, 2012.
- A. B. Hilger, C. H. Shaw, J. M. Metsaranta, and W. A. Kurz, “Estimation of snag carbon transfer rates by ecozone and lead species for forests in Canada,” Ecological Applications, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 2078–2090, 2012.
- Rongzhou Man, Han Y.H. Chen, and Andrew Schafer, “Salvage logging and forest renewal affect early aspen stand structure after catastrophic wind,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 308, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Cyndi M. Smith, Brenda Shepherd, Cameron Gillies, and Jon Stuart-Smith, “Changes in blister rust infection and mortality in whitebark pine over time,” Canadian Journal of Forest Research-Revue Canadienne de Recherche Forestier, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 90–96, 2013.
- Michael Held, and Susan Jones-Held, “Long-Term Forest Changes in Northeastern Pennsylvania,” Castanea, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 138–146, 2014.
- Andrew Schafer, Rongzhou Man, Han Y.H. Chen, and Pengxin Lu, “Effects of post-windthrow management interventions on understory plant communities in aspen-dominated boreal forests,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 323, pp. 39–46, 2014.
- Antonin Kusbach, Helga Van Miegroet, Janis L. Boettinger, and James N. Long, “Vegetation geo-climatic zonation in the rocky mountains, Northern Utah, USA,” Journal of Mountain Science, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 656–673, 2014.