- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Forestry Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 587094, 9 pages
Characterization of Micronutrient Deficiency in Australian Red Cedar (Toona ciliata M. Roem var. australis)
Soil Science Department, Federal University of Lavras, 37200-000 Lavras, MG, Brazil
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 13 November 2012
Academic Editor: Nadir Ayrilmis
Copyright © 2012 Bruno da Silva Moretti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Hartley, “Rationale and methods for conserving biodiversity in plantation forests,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 155, no. 1–3, pp. 81–95, 2002.
- W. P. Lima, R. Laprovitera, S. F. B. Ferraz, C. B. Rodrigues, and M. M. Silva, “Forest plantations and water consumption: a strategy for hydrosolidarity,” International Journal of Forestry Research, vol. 2012, Article ID 908465, 8 pages, 2012.
- R. Foroughbakhch, A. C. Parra, J. L. H. Piñero, M. A. A. Vázquez, A. R. Estrada, and M. L. Cardenas, “Wood volume production and use of 10 woody species in semiarid zones of Northeastern Mexico,” International Journal of Forestry Research, vol. 2012, Article ID 529829, 7 pages, 2012.
- P. N. Serpa, B. R. Vital, R. M. D. Lucia, and A. S. Pimenta, “Evaluation of some properties of Eucalyptus grandis, Eucalyptus saligna and Pinus elliottii,” Revista Árvore, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 723–733, 2003.
- R. M. M. A. Carvalho, T. S. Soares, and S. R. Valverde, “Characterization of the forest section: a comparative evaluation with other economy sectors,” Ciência Florestal, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 105–118, 2005.
- J. A. L. Queiroz and S. A. Machado, “Potencial de utilização madeireira de espécies florestais de várzea no município de mazagão no estado do Amapá,” Floresta, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 293–302, 2007.
- R. F. P. Lucena, U. P. Albuquerque, J. M. Monteiro, C. D. F. B. R. Almeida, A. T. N. Florentino, and J. S. F. Ferraz, “Useful plants of the semi-arid northeastern region of Brazil—a look at their conservation and sustainable use,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 125, no. 1–3, pp. 281–290, 2007.
- N. R. Lenhard, S. P. Q. Scalon, and J. O. Novelino, “Initial growth of wood iron (Caesalpinia ferrea Mart. ex. Tul var. leiostachya Benth) under different hydric regimes,” Ciencia e Agrotecnologia, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 870–877, 2010.
- M. C. Pagano and M. R. Scotti, “Effect of phosphorus fertilization on arbuscular mycorrhizal colonization of zeyheria tuberculosa a native species in Brazil’s forest,” Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 604–611, 2010.
- N. A. Almeida, L. M. Mendes, E. Y. A. Okino, A. Garlet, F. A. Mori, and R. F. Mendes, “Biodeterioration of products made from Australian cedar (Toona ciliata M. Roem. var. australis),” Cerne, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 17–26, 2012.
- A. Ares and J. H. Fownes, “Productivity, nutrient and water-use efficiency of Eucalyptus saligna and Toona ciliata in Hawaii,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 139, no. 1–3, pp. 227–236, 2000.
- H. Marschner, Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 3rd edition, 2012.
- D. G. Barroso, F. A. M. M. A. Figueiredo, R. C. Pereira, A. V. R. Mendonça, and L. C. Silva, “Macronutrient deficiency diagnosis in teak seedlings,” Revista Árvore, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 671–679, 2005.
- D. Hoagland and D. I. Arnon, The Water Culture Method for Growing Plants Withoutsoil, California Agriculture Experimental Station Circular, 1950.
- D. F. Ferreira, “Sisvar: a computer statistical analysis system,” Ciência E Agrotecnologia, vol. 35, pp. 1039–1042, 2011.
- B. V. Raij, Fertilidade Do Solo E Adubação, Agronômica Ceres, São Paulo, Brazil, 1991.
- M. Kobayashi, T. Matoh, and J. I. Azuma, “Two chains of rhamnogalacturonan II are cross-linked by borate-diol ester bonds in higher plant cell walls,” Plant Physiology, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 1017–1020, 1996.
- E. Malavolta, Manual De Nutrição Mineral De Plantas, Ceres, São Paulo, Brazil, 2006.
- V. Faquin, Nutrição Mineral De Plantas, Academic Press, UFLA/FAEPE, Lavras, Brazil, 2005.
- W. Schmidt, “Iron homeostasis in plants: sensing and signaling pathways,” Journal of Plant Nutrition, vol. 26, no. 10-11, pp. 2211–2230, 2003.
- W. G. Da Silva, C. A. F. Tucci, F. A. D. S. Hara, and R. A. C. Dos Santos, “Effect of micronutrients in oxisoil in the growth of seedling mahogany (Swietenia Macrophilla King),” Acta Amazonica, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 371–376, 2007.
- R. L. R. de Wallau, A. R. Borges, D. R. de almeida, and S. L. Camargos, “Symptoms of nutritional deficiencies in seedlings of mahogany grown in nutritive solution,” Cerne, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 304–310, 2008.
- B. S. Moretti, A. E. Furtini Neto, S. I. C. Pinto, I. V. Furtini, and C. A. S. Magalhães, “Growth and mineral nutrition in seedlings of Australian cedar (Toona ciliata) subjected to nutrient deprivation,” Cerne, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 453–463, 2011.
- J. A. Quaggio and C. T. Piza Jr., “Frutíferas tropicais,” in Micronutrientes E Elementos Tóxicos Na Agricultura, M. E. Ferreira, M. C. P. Cruz, B. Raij, and C. A. Abreu, Eds., pp. 459–492, CNPq/FAPESP/POTAFOS, Jaboticabal, Brazil, 2001.
- M. Locatelli, R. S. Macêdo, and A. H. Vieira, “Avaliação de altura e diâmetro de mudas de Cedro Rosa (Cedrela odorata L.) submetidas a diferentes deficiências nutricionais,” Revista Brasileira De Biociências, vol. 5, pp. 645–647, 2007.
- L. A. C. Moraes, V. H. D. F. Moraes, and A. Moreira, “Relationship between stem flexibility of rubber tree and boron deficiency,” Pesquisa Agropecuaria Brasileira, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1431–1436, 2002.
- P. C. Guerra, E. M. Mattiello, M. M. Pucci, V. M. Andrade, J. F. Vieira, and H. A. Huiz, “Produção de matéria seca, aspectos fisiológicos e anatômicos de plantas de eucalipto em resposta à Boro,” in Annals of 58th Reunião Anual da SBPC, Florianópolis, Brazil, 2006.
- P. A. Sánchez, Suelos De Los Trópicos: Caracteristicas Y Manejo, IICA, San José, Calif, USA, 1981.
- R. L. V. A. Silveira, A. Moreira, E. N. Takashi, F. Sgarbi, and E. F. B. Branco, “Deficiency symptoms of macronutrients and of boron in hybrids clones of Eucalyptus grandis with Eucalyptus urophylla,” Cerne, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 107–116, 2002.
- A. R. Dechen and G. R. Nachtigall, “Micronutrientes,” in Nutrição Mineral De Plantas, M. S. Fernandes, Ed., pp. 328–354, Sociedade Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, Viçosa, Brazil, 2006.
- E. A. Kirkby and V. Romheld, “Micronutrients in plant physiology: functions, uptake and mobility,” Technical Booklet, Information Agronomic, no. 118, pp. 1–24, 2007.
- T. C. L. L. S. M. Marques, J. G. Carvalho, M. P. C. Lacerda, and P. E. F. Mota, “Initial growthing of paricá (Schizolobium amazonicum) under nutrient omission and sodium in nutritive solution,” Cerne, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 184–195, 2004.