- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Forestry Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 189393, 9 pages
Introduction of Eucalyptus spp. into the United States with Special Emphasis on the Southern United States
1North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
2CEO NEON, Inc., Boulder, CO, USA
31433 Lutz Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
Received 18 May 2012; Revised 26 September 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: John Stanturf
Copyright © 2013 R. C. Kellison et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Introduction to Eucalyptus. Blog posted by Phytopath, 2010.
- J. Davidson, “Ecological Aspects of Eucalyptus Plantations,” FAO Corporate Document Repository. Proceedings of Regional Expert Consultation o Eucalyptus. Vol.1, 1979.
- D. H. Bain, Empire Express; Building the First Transcontinental Railroad, Viking Penguin, 1999.
- S. Villalobos, S. Osvaldo, S. Fernando, and E. Patricio, History de Chile. Editorial Universitaria, Chile. pp. 406–413, 1974.
- R. L. Santos, The Eucalyptus of California, Alley-Cass, Denair, Calif, USA, 1997.
- G. M. Groenendaal, “Eucalyptus helped solve a timber problem,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Eucalyptus in California, pp. 1853–1880, Sacramento, Calif, USA, 1983.
- R. Crawford, “The Way We Were: Eucalyptus Trees Have Deep Roots in California’s History,” The San Diego Union-Tribune, 2008.
- C. Foelkel, “The Eucalyptus fibers and the pulp quality requirements for paper manufacturing,” 2007, http://www.eucalyptus.com.br/.
- T. F. Geary, G. F. Meskimen, and E. C. Franklin, “Growing Eucalypts in Florida for industrial wood production,” Tech. Rep. SE-23, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station, USDA Forest Service, Asheville, NC, USA, 1983.
- R. J. Moultin, “Tree planting in the United States, 1997,” Tree Planters’ Notes, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 5–15, 1999.
- R. Hunt and B. Zobel, “Frost-hardy Eucalyptus grow well in the Southeast,” Southern Journal of Applied Forestry, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 6–10, 1978.
- A. A. Myburg, A. R. Griffin, R. R. Sederoff, and R. W. Whetten, “Comparative genetic linkage maps of Eucalyptus grandis, Eucalyptus globulus and their F1 hybrid based on a double pseudo-backcross mapping approach,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 107, no. 6, pp. 1028–1042, 2003.
- M. Cunningham and R. Mott, “Micropropagation of Eucalyptus viminalis,” in Proceedings of the Forestry Conference, p. 8, Division of Continuing Education, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La, USA, 1985.
- G. Meskimen, “Fertilizer tablets stimulate eucalyptus in Florida trial,” 1971USDA Forest Service Research Note SE-162, Lehigh Acres, Fla, USA, 12, 1971.
- A. P. G. Schonau, R. Verloren von Themaat, and D. L. Boden, “The importance of complete site preparation and fertilizing in the establishment of Eucalyptus grandis,” South African Journal of Forestry, vol. 116, pp. 1–10, 1981.
- N. F. Barros, “Some aspects of Eucalyptus fertilization: A review of current literature as a contribution to future Eucalyptus research and planting in Florida,” Florida Agric. Exp. Stations, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, 1977.
- G. Meskimen and E. C. Franklin, “Spacing Eucalyptus grandis in southern Florida: a question of merchantable versus total volume,” Southern Journal of Applied Forestry, vol. 1, pp. 3–5, 1978.
- E. B. Schultz, Artificial cold hardiness of Eucalyptus [M.S. thesis], North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA, 1979.
- E. C. Franklin, “Yield and properties of pulp from eucalypt wood grown in Florida,” Tappi, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 65–67, 1977.
- G. O. Otegebe and R. C. Kellison, “Genetics of wood and barfk characteristics of Eucalyptus viminalis,” Silva Genetica, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 27–30, 1980.