- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Comparative and Functional Genomics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 409386, 10 pages
Molecular and Biological Characterization of Chinese Sacbrood Virus LN Isolate
Laboratory Animal Center, Liaoning Medical University, Jinzhou 121001, China
Received 27 November 2010; Accepted 5 January 2011
Academic Editor: Brian Wigdahl
Copyright © 2011 Ma Mingxiao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Allen and B. Ball, “The incidence and world distribution of honey bee viruses,” Bee World, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 141–162, 1996.
- W. Ritter, Diagnostik und Bekampfung von Bienenkrankheiten, Gustav Fischer Verlag Jena, Stuttgart, Germany, 1996.
- L. Bailey, “Recent research on honeybee viruses,” Bee World, vol. 56, pp. 55–64, 1975.
- D. L. Anderson and A. J. Gibbs, “Transpuparial transmission of Kashmir bee virus and sacbrood virus in the honeybee(Apismellifera),” Annals of Applied Biology, vol. 114, pp. 1–7, 1989.
- L. Bailey, “The multiplication and spread of sacbrood virus of bees,” Annals of Applied Biology, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 483–491, 1969.
- D. I. Wang and F. E. Moller, “The division of labor and queen attendance behaviour of nosema-infected worker honey bees,” Journal of Economic Entomology, vol. 63, pp. 1539–1541, 1970.
- Z. Qinfen, Y. Yifeng, L. Yuyao, L. Xinying, and Z. Jingqiang, “Study on structure of the Chinese Sacbrood Virus’nucleic acid,” Journal of Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 331–334, 2002.
- L. Bailey, “Viruses attacking the honey bee,” Advances in Virus Research, vol. 20, pp. 271–304, 1976.
- L. Bailey, J. M. Carpenter, and R. D. Woods, “A strain of sacbrood virus from Apis cerana,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 264–265, 1982.
- R. C. Ghosh, B. V. Ball, M. M. Willcocks, and M. J. Carter, “The nucleotide sequence of sacbrood virus of the honey bee: an insect picorna-like virus,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 1541–1549, 1999.
- E. V. Koonin and V. V. Dolja, “Evolution and taxonomy of positive-strand RNA viruses: implications of comparative analysis of amino acid sequences,” Critical Reviews in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 375–430, 1993.
- J. Sambrook, E. F. Fritsch, and T. Maniatis, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1989.
- J. Sambrook and D. W. Russell, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- NetPicoRNA 1.0 Server, http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/NetPicoRNA/.
- M. Gromeier, E. Wimmer, and A. E. Gorbalenya, “Genetics, pathogenesis and evolution of picornaviruses,” in Origin and Evolution of Viruses, E. Domingo, R. G. Webster, and J. J. Holland, Eds., pp. 287–343, Academic Press, London, UK, 1999.
- ProtParam tool, http://expasy.org/tools/protparam.html.
- A. E. Gorbalenya, A. P. Donchenko, V. M. Blinov, and E. V. Koonin, “Cysteine proteases of positive strand RNA viruses and chymotrypsin-like serin proteases: a distinct protein superfamily with a common structural fold,” FEBS Letters, vol. 243, no. 2, pp. 103–114, 1989.
- J. F. Bazan and R. J. Fletterick, “Viral cysteine proteases are homologous to the trypsin-like family of serine proteases: structural and functional implications,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 85, no. 21, pp. 7872–7876, 1988.
- M. D. Ryan and M. Flint, “Virus-encoded proteinases of the picornavirus super-group,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 699–723, 1997.
- G. Lanzi and J. R. de Miranda, “Molecular and biological Characterization of deformed wing virus of honeybee. (Apis mellifera L),” Jounal of Virology, vol. 80, no. 10, pp. 4988–5009, 2006.
- E. A. Duarte, I. S. Novella, S. C. Weaver et al., “RNA virus quasispecies: significance for viral disease and epidemiology,” Infectious Agents and Disease, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 201–214, 1994.
- T. M. Hinton, N. Ross-Smith, S. Warner, G. J. Belsham, and B. S. Crabb, “Conservation of L and 3C proteinase activities across distantly related aphthoviruses,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 83, no. 12, pp. 3111–3121, 2002.