- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Comparative and Functional Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 569731, 12 pages
Interactome of Radiation-Induced microRNA-Predicted Target Genes
Department of Medical Laboratory and Radiation Sciences, University of Vermont, 302 Rowell Building, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editor: Giulia Piaggio
Copyright © 2012 Tenzin W. Lhakhang and M. Ahmad Chaudhry. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. I. Almeida, R. M. Reis, and G. A. Calin, “MicroRNA history: discovery, recent applications, and next frontiers,” Mutation Research, vol. 717, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- P. Brodersen and O. Voinnet, “Revisiting the principles of microRNA target recognition and mode of action,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 141–148, 2009.
- G. Ku and M. T. McManus, “Behind the scenes of a small RNA gene-silencing pathway,” Human Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 17–26, 2008.
- Y. Huang, X. J. Shen, Q. Zou, S. P. Wang, S. M. Tang, and G. Z. Zhang, “Biological functions of microRNAs: a review,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 129–139, 2011.
- T. A. Farazi, J. I. Spitzer, P. Morozov, and T. Tuschl, “miRNAs in human cancer,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 102–115, 2011.
- L. Chin, W. C. Hahn, G. Getz, and M. Meyerson, “Making sense of cancer genomic data,” Genes and Development, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 534–555, 2011.
- M. A. Chaudhry, “Bystander effect: biological endpoints and microarray analysis,” Mutation Research, vol. 597, no. 1-2, pp. 98–112, 2006.
- M. A. Chaudhry, “Biomarkers for human radiation exposure,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 557–563, 2008.
- M. A. Chaudhry, “Radiation-induced gene expression profile of human cells deficient in 8-hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanine glycosylase,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 633–642, 2006.
- A. K. L. Leung and P. A. Sharp, “MicroRNA functions in stress responses,” Molecular Cell, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 205–215, 2010.
- I. A. Babar, F. J. Slack, and J. B. Weidhaas, “miRNA modulation of the cellular stress response,” Future Oncology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 289–298, 2008.
- M. A. Chaudhry, “Real-time PCR analysis of micro-RNA expression in ionizing radiation-treated cells,” Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2009.
- M. A. Chaudhry, B. Kreger, and R. A. Omaruddin, “Transcriptional modulation of micro-RNA in human cells differing in radiation sensitivity,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 86, no. 7, pp. 569–583, 2010.
- M. A. Chaudhry, H. Sachdeva, and R. A. Omaruddin, “Radiation-induced micro-RNA modulation in glioblastoma cells differing in DNA-repair pathways,” DNA and Cell Biology, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 553–561, 2010.
- M. Wagner-Ecker, C. Schwager, U. Wirkner, A. Abdollahi, and P. E. Huber, “MicroRNA expression after ionizing radiation in human endothelial cells,” Radiation Oncology, vol. 5, no. 1, article 25, 2010.
- S. H. Jeong, H. G. Wu, and W. Y. Park, “LIN28B confers radio-resistance through the posttranscriptional control of KRAS,” Experimental and Molecular Medicine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 912–918, 2009.
- O. C. Maes, J. An, H. Sarojini, H. Wu, and E. Wang, “Changes in microRNA expression patterns in human fibroblasts after low-LET radiation,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 824–834, 2008.
- S. Josson, S. Y. Sung, K. Lao, L. W. K. Chung, and P. A. S. Johnstone, “Radiation modulation of microRNA in prostate cancer cell lines,” Prostate, vol. 68, no. 15, pp. 1599–1606, 2008.
- S. Shin, H. J. Cha, E. M. Lee et al., “MicroRNAs are significantly influenced by p53 and radiation in HCT116 human colon carcinoma cells,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1645–1652, 2009.
- H. J. Cha, S. Shin, H. Yoo et al., “Identification of ionizing radiation-responsive microRNAs in the IM9 human B lymphoblastic cell line,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1661–1668, 2009.
- H. J. Cha, K. M. Seong, S. Bae et al., “Identification of specific microRNAs responding to low and high dose γ-irradiation in the human lymphoblast line IM9,” Oncology Reports, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 863–868, 2009.
- S. Shin, H. J. Cha, E. M. Lee et al., “Alteration of miRNA profiles by ionizing radiation in A549 human non-small cell lung cancer cells,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 2009.
- N. L. Simone, B. P. Soule, D. Ly et al., “Ionizing radiation-induced oxidative stress alters miRNA expression,” PLoS ONE, vol. 4, no. 7, Article ID e6377, 2009.
- C. J. Marsit, K. Eddy, and K. T. Kelsey, “MicroRNA responses to cellular stress,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 22, pp. 10843–10848, 2006.
- X. Wang, “miRDB: a microRNA target prediction and functional annotation database with a wiki interface,” RNA, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1012–1017, 2008.
- M. J. Allalunis-Turner, G. M. Barron, R. S. Day III, K. D. Dobler, and R. Mirzayans, “Isolation of two cell lines from a human malignant glioma specimen differing in sensitivity to radiation and chemotherapeutic drugs,” Radiation Research, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 349–354, 1993.
- J. L. Schwartz, R. Jordan, and H. H. Evans, “Characteristics of chromosome instability in the human lymphoblast cell line WTK1,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 124–130, 2001.
- J. S. Oh, J. J. Kim, J. Y. Byun, and I. A. Kim, “Lin28-let7 modulates radiosensitivity of human cancer cells with activation of K-Ras,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 5–8, 2010.
- G. A. Calin, C. D. Dumitru, M. Shimizu et al., “Frequent deletions and down-regulation of micro-RNA genes miR15 and miR16 at 13q14 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 99, no. 24, pp. 15524–15529, 2002.
- A. Cimmino, G. A. Calin, M. Fabbri et al., “miR-15 and miR-16 induce apoptosis by targeting BCL2,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 39, pp. 13944–13949, 2005.
- N. Yanaihara, N. Caplen, E. Bowman et al., “Unique microRNA molecular profiles in lung cancer diagnosis and prognosis,” Cancer Cell, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 189–198, 2006.
- Y. Xi, J. R. Edwards, and J. Ju, “Investigation of miRNA biology by bioinformatic tools and impact of miRNAs in colorectal cancer—regulatory relationship of c-Myc and p53 with miRNAs,” Cancer Informatics, vol. 3, pp. 245–253, 2007.
- P. Dent, A. Yacoub, P. B. Fisher, M. P. Hagan, and S. Grant, “MAPK pathways in radiation responses,” Oncogene, vol. 22, no. 37, pp. 5885–5896, 2003.
- J. Yue, Q. Wang, H. Lu, M. Brenneman, F. Fan, and Z. Shen, “The cytoskeleton protein filamin-A is required for an efficient recombinational DNA double strand break repair,” Cancer Research, vol. 69, no. 20, pp. 7978–7985, 2009.
- D. A. Gewirtz, M. L. Hilliker, and E. N. Wilson, “Promotion of autophagy as a mechanism for radiation sensitization of breast tumor cells,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 323–328, 2009.
- C. Berndt, T. Kurz, M. Selenius, A. P. Fernandes, M. R. Edgren, and U. T. Brunk, “Chelation of lysosomal iron protects against ionizing radiation,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 432, no. 2, pp. 295–301, 2010.
- T. Sakurai, T. Ueda, M. Kawai, H. Tobita, and J. Miyakoshi, “Protective effects of insulin-like growth factor-I on the decrease in myogenic differentiation by ionizing radiation,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 153–158, 2009.
- S. W. Ryter, P. K. Hong, A. Hoetzel et al., “Mechanisms of cell death in oxidative stress,” Antioxidants and Redox Signaling, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 49–89, 2007.
- X. P. Zhang, F. Liu, and W. Wang, “Two-phase dynamics of p53 in the DNA damage response,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 108, no. 22, pp. 8990–8995, 2011.
- K. L. Andarawewa, J. Paupert, A. Pal, and M. H. Barcellos-Hoff, “New rationales for using TGFβ inhibitors in radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 83, no. 11-12, pp. 803–811, 2007.
- K. Ishikawa, H. Ishii, and T. Saito, “DNA damage-dependent cell cycle checkpoints and genomic stability,” DNA and Cell Biology, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 406–411, 2006.
- A. D. de Carvalho, W. de Souza, and J. A. Morgado-Díaz, “Morphological and molecular alterations at the junctional complex in irradiated human colon adenocarcinoma cells, Caco-2,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 658–668, 2006.
- V. Sandfort, U. Koch, and N. Cordes, “Cell adhesion-mediated radioresistance revisited,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 83, no. 11-12, pp. 727–732, 2007.
- A. Pesty, M. Doussau, J. B. Lahaye, and B. Lefèvre, “Whole-body or isolated ovary 60Co irradiation: effects on in vivo and in vitro folliculogenesis and oocyte maturation,” Reproductive Toxicology, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 93–98, 2010.
- D. B. Richardson and G. Hamra, “Ionizing radiation and kidney cancer among Japanese atomic bomb survivors,” Radiation Research, vol. 173, no. 6, pp. 837–842, 2010.
- P. D. Inskip, A. Ekbom, M. R. Galanti, L. Grimelius, and J. D. Boice Jr., “Medical diagnostic x rays and thyroid cancer,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 87, no. 21, pp. 1613–1621, 1995.
- T. Kang, Y. Wei, Y. Honaker et al., “GSK-3β targets Cdc25A for ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis, and GSK-3β inactivation correlates with Cdc25A overproduction in human cancers,” Cancer Cell, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 36–47, 2008.
- P. Fakitsas, G. Adam, D. Daidié et al., “Early aldosterone-induced gene product regulates the epithelial sodium channel by deubiquitylation,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1084–1092, 2007.
- M. Barna, N. Hawe, L. Niswander, and P. P. Pandolfi, “Plzf regulates limb and axial skeletal patterning,” Nature Genetics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 166–172, 2000.
- L. Puglielli, “Aging of the brain, neurotrophin signaling, and Alzheimer's disease: is IGF1-R the common culprit?” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 795–811, 2008.
- J. A. Blundon and S. S. Zakharenko, “Dissecting the components of long-term potentiation,” Neuroscientist, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 598–608, 2008.