- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Comparative and Functional Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 913709, 5 pages
In Silico RAPD Priming Sites in Expressed Sequences and iSCAR Markers for Oil Palm
1Department of Computational Biology & Bioinformatics, North Campus-Kariavattom, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695581, India
2Horticulture Section, ICAR Research Complex for Goa, Ela Old Goa 403402, India
Received 26 August 2011; Revised 8 November 2011; Accepted 4 January 2012
Academic Editor: Brian Wigdahl
Copyright © 2012 Balakrishnan Vasanthakumari Premkrishnan and Vadivel Arunachalam. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. King and W. D. Stansfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990, 4th edition.
- J. G. K. Williams, A. R. Kubelik, K. J. Livak, J. A. Rafalski, and S. V. Tingey, “DNA polymorphisms amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as genetic markers,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 6531–6535, 1990.
- M. Lexa, J. Horak, and B. Brzobohaty, “Virtual PCR,” Bioinformatics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 192–193, 2001.
- K. Semagn, A. Bjørnstad, and M. N. Ndjiondjop, “An overview of molecular marker methods for plants,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 5, no. 25, pp. 2540–2568, 2006.
- A. D. Ramessur and V. M. Ranghoo-Sanmukhiya, “RAPD marker-assisted identification of genetic diversity among mango (Mangifera indica) varieties in Mauritius,” International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 167–173, 2011.
- L. Bochra, Z. Nejia, L. Myriam, K. Karima, G. Abdelwahed, and M. Abdelaziz, “RAPD-based assessment of genetic diversity among annual caraway (Carum carvi) populations,” EurAsian Journal of BioSciences, vol. 5, pp. 37–47, 2011.
- B. Y. Wang, L. Shi, Z. Y. Ruan, and J. Deng, “Genetic diversity and differentiation in Dalbergia sissoo (Fabaceae) as revealed by RAPD,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 114–120, 2011.
- A. Saeed, I. Ahsan, N. Sehar, and A. Nisar, “Genetic diversity studies of coarse and fine rice using RAPD markers,” Frontiers of Agriculture in China, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 129–134, 2011.
- P. Vieira, W. Burgermeister, M. Mota, K. Metge, and G. Silva, “Lack of genetic variation of Bursaphelenchus xylophilus in Portugal revealed by RAPD-PCR analyses,” Journal of Nematology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 118–126, 2007.
- S. Archana, D. Anish, M. Vindhya, and W. S. Lakra, “Molecular discrimination of six species of Bagrid catfishes from Indus river system using randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 2961–2965, 2010.
- C. Y. Fook, J. Y. Yap, T. L. Kiung, L. N. Z. Justina, W. K. Nelly, and V. K. Jayaraj, “Phylogenetic analysis of different breeds of domestic chickens in selected area of Peninsular Malaysia inferred from partial cytochrome b gene information and RAPD markers,” Animal Biotechnology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 226–240, 2010.
- A. Milee, S. Neeta, and P. Harish, “Advances in molecular marker techniques and their applications in plant sciences,” Plant Cell Reports, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 617–631, 2008.
- K. F. Mahrous, H. A. I. Ramadan, S. H. Abdel-aziem, and M. A.-E. Mordy, “Genetic variations between camel breeds using microsatellite markers and RAPD techniques,” Journal of Applied Biosciences, vol. 39, pp. 2626–2634, 2011.
- I. Paran and R. W. Michelmore, “Development of reliable PCR-based markers linked to downy mildew resistance genes in lettuce,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 985–993, 1993.
- J. M. McDermott, U. Brandle, F. Dutly et al., “Genetic variation in powdery mildew of barley: development of RAPD, SCAR, and VNTR markers,” Phytopathology, vol. 84, no. 11, pp. 1316–1321, 1994.
- J. Shi, J. Xin, and L. Xin, “A study on the RAPD and SCAR molecular markers of piper species,” Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 127–135, 2009.
- A. W. Nurniwalis, N. Suhaimi, N. A. A. Siti, S. Aminah, and A. M. A. Mohamad, “Gene discovery via expressed sequence tags from the oil palm mesocarp,” Journal of Oil Palm Research, vol. 2, pp. 87–96, 2008.
- C. L. Ho, Y. Y. Kwan, M. C. Choli et al., “Analysis and functional annotation of expressed sequence tags (ESTs) from multiple tissues of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.),” BMC Genomics, vol. 8, p. 381, 2007.
- J. J. Li, G. L. Pei, H. X. Pang, A. Bilderbeck, S. S. Chen, and S. H. Tao, “A new method for RAPD primers selection based on primer bias in nucleotide sequence data,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 415–423, 2006.
- D. J. Murphy, “Oil palm: future prospects for yield and quality improvements,” Lipid Technology, vol. 21, no. 11-12, pp. 257–260, 2009.
- A. Beinaert and R. Vanderweyen, Contribution à l’étude Génétique et Biométrique des Variétés d’Elaeis Guineensis Jacq, Série Scientifique, l’institut National pour l’étude Agronomique du Congo Belge, 1941.
- C. W. S. Hartley, The Oil Palm, Longman, London, UK, 2nd edition, 1988.
- S. Bhasker and C. Mohankumar, “Association of lignifying enzymes in shell synthesis of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.) fruit dura variety,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 160–164, 2001.
- A. Rival, L. Bertrand, T. Beulé, M. C. Combes, P. Trouslot, and P. Lashermes, “Suitability of RAPD analysis for the detection of somaclonal variants in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq),” Plant Breeding, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 73–76, 1998.
- D. Kambiranda, P. B. Subramani, and V. Padma, “Development of randomly amplified polymorphic DNA based SCAR marker for identification of Ipomoea mauritiana Jacq (Convolvulaceae),” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 868720, 6 pages, 2011.