- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Genomics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 275616, 4 pages
Comparative Inference of Duplicated Genes Produced by Polyploidization in Soybean Genome
1College of Science, Hebei United University, Tangshan, Hebei 063009, China
2Center for Genomics and Computational Biology, School of Life Sciences, Hebei United University, Tangshan, Hebei 063009, China
Received 23 July 2013; Accepted 18 September 2013
Academic Editor: Guang Hu
Copyright © 2013 Yanmei Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Schmutz, S. B. Cannon, J. Schlueter et al., “Genome sequence of the palaeopolyploid soybean,” Nature, vol. 463, no. 7278, pp. 178–183, 2010.
- A. H. Paterson, J. E. Bowers, and B. A. Chapman, “Ancient polyploidization predating divergence of the cereals, and its consequences for comparative genomics,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 26, pp. 9903–9908, 2004.
- D. Grant, P. Cregan, and R. C. Shoemaker, “Genome organization in dicots: genome duplication in Arabidopsis and synteny between soybean and Arabidopsis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 4168–4173, 2000.
- J. F. Wendel, “Genome evolution in polyploids,” Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 225–249, 2000.
- J. S. Taylor and J. Raes, “Duplication and divergence: the evolution of new genes and old ideas,” Annual Review of Genetics, vol. 38, pp. 615–643, 2004.
- S. De Bodt, S. Maere, and Y. Van De Peer, “Genome duplication and the origin of angiosperms,” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 591–597, 2005.
- R. C. Shoemaker, K. Polzin, J. Labate et al., “Genome duplication in soybean (Glycine subgenus soja),” Genetics, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 329–338, 1996.
- R. C. Shoemaker, J. Schlueter, and J. J. Doyle, “Paleopolyploidy and gene duplication in soybean and other legumes,” Current Opinion in Plant Biology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 104–109, 2006.
- Arabidopsis Genome Initiative, “Analysis of the genome sequence of the flowering plant Arabidopsis thaliana,” Nature, vol. 408, no. 6814, pp. 796–815, 2000.
- H. Tang, J. E. Bowers, X. Wang, R. Ming, M. Alam, and A. H. Paterson, “Synteny and collinearity in plant genomes,” Science, vol. 320, no. 5875, pp. 486–488, 2008.
- A. J. Gibbs and G. A. McIntyre, “The diagram, a method for comparing sequences. Its use with amino acid and nucleotide sequences,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1970.
- A. J. Gibbs and G. A. McIntyre, “The diagram, a method for comparing sequences. Its use with amino acid and nucleotide sequences,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 16, pp. 1–11, 1970.
- M. Nei and T. Gojobori, “Simple methods for estimating the numbers of synonymous and nonsynonymous nucleotide substitutions,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 418–426, 1986.
- D. S. Moore, The Basic Practice of Statistics, Macmillan Education Australia, 1995.