- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 791790, 10 pages
Three-Component Forward Modeling for Transient Electromagnetic Method
School of Info-Physics and Geomatics Engineering, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Received 24 July 2009; Revised 8 December 2009; Accepted 19 February 2010
Academic Editor: Rudolf A. Treumann
Copyright © 2010 Bin Xiong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. A. Newman and M. Commer, “New advances in three dimensional transient electromagnetic inversion,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 160, pp. 5–32, 2005.
- L. Pellerin and D. L. Alumbaugh, “Tools for electromagnetic investigation of the shallow subsurface,” Leading Edge, vol. 16, pp. 1631–1640, 1997.
- M. N. Nabighian and J. C. Macnae, “Time domain electromagnetic prospecting methods,” in Electromagnetic Methods in Applied Geophysics, M. N. Nabighian, Ed., vol. 2, pp. 427–520, Society for Exploration Geophysics, Tulsa, Okla, USA, 1991.
- G. A. Newman, G. W. Hohmann, and W. L. Anderson, “Transient electromagnetic response of a Three-Dimensional body in a layered earth,” Geophysics, vol. 51, pp. 1608–1627, 1986.
- J. S. Shen and W. B. Sun, “2.5-D modeling of cross-hole electromagnetic measurement by finite element method,” Petroleum Science, vol. 5, pp. 126–134, 2008.
- J.-S. Shen and W.-B. Sun, “A study on the 2.5-D electromagnetic modeling by the finite element method and the wave number selection,” Computing Techniques for Geophysical and Geochemical Exploration, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 135–144, 2008.
- M. N. Nabighian, Electromagnetic Methods in Applied Geophysics, 1, Theory, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Tulsa, Okla, USA, 1988.
- J. H. Coggon, “Electromagnetic and electrical modeling by the finite element method,” Geophysics, vol. 36, pp. 132–155, 1971.
- C. H. Stoyer and R. J. Greenfield, “Numerical solutions of the response of a two-dimensional earth to an oscillating magnetic dipole source,” Geophysics, vol. 41, pp. 519–530, 1976.
- K. H. Lee, Electromagnetic scattering by a two-dimensional inhomogeneity due to an oscillating magnetic dipole source, Ph.D. thesis, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1978.
- K. H. Lee and H. F. Morrison, “A numerical solution for the eleccromagnetic scattering by a two- dimensional inhomogeneity,” Geophysics, vol. 50, pp. 1163–1165, 1985.
- M. Leppin, “Electromagnetic modeling of 3-D sources over 2-D inhomogeneities in the time domain,” Geophysics, vol. 57, pp. 994–1003, 1992.
- M. E. Everett and R. N. Edwards, “Transient marine electromagnetics: the 2.5-D forward problem,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 113, pp. 545–561, 1993.
- M. J. Unsworth, B. J. Travis, and A. D. Chave, “Electromagnetic induction by a finite electric dipole source over a 2-D earth,” Geophysics, vol. 58, pp. 198–214, 1993.
- Y. Mitsuhata, “2-D electromagnetic modeling by finite-element method with a dipole source and topography,” Geophysics, vol. 65, pp. 465–475, 2000.
- K. Key and C. J. Weiss, “Adaptive finite-element modeling using unstructured grids: the 2D magnetotelluric example,” Geophysics, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. G291–G299, 2006.
- Y. Li and K. Key, “2D marine controlled-source electromagnetic modeling—part 1: an adaptive finite-element algorithm,” Geophysics, vol. 72, pp. WA51–WA62, 2007.
- Y. Li and S. Constable, “2D marine controlled-source electromagnetic modeling—part 2: the effect of bathymetry,” Geophysics, vol. 72, pp. WA63–WA71, 2007.
- A. Abubakar, T. M. Habashy, V. L. Druskin, L. Knizhnerman, and D. Alumbaugh, “2.5D forward and inverse modeling for interpreting low-frequency electromagnetic measurements,” Geophysics, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. F165–F177, 2008.
- F. N. Kong, S. E. Johnstad, T. Røsten, and H. Westerdahl, “A 2.5D finite-element-modeling difference method for marine CSEM modeling in stratified anisotropic media,” Geophysics, vol. 73, pp. F9–F19, 2008.
- G. Q. Xue, X. Li, and Q. Y. Di, “The progress of TEM in theory and application,” Progress in Geophysics, vol. 22, pp. 1195–1200, 2007.
- G. Y. Lv, “Current status and development trend of transient EM method,” Computing Techniques for Geophysical and Geochemical Exploration, vol. 29, pp. 111–115, 2007.
- G. Q. Xue, X Li, and Q. Y. Di, “Research progress in TEM forward modeling and inversion calculation,” Progress in Geophysics, vol. 23, pp. 1165–1172, 2008.
- Y. L. Meng and Y. Z. Luo, “Finite element method for solving electromagnetic field with harmonic dipolar source on two-dimensional geoelectric model,” in Annual of the Chinese Geophysical Society, Seismological Press, Beijing, China, 1994.
- H. J. Wang, Methods study on 2.5-D forward and inversion for transient electromagnetic with central loop, Ph.D. thesis, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, China, 2001.
- B. Xiong and Y.-Z. Luo, “Finite element modeling of 2.5-D TEM with block homogeneous conductivity,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 49, pp. 590–597, 2006.
- K. J. Xu, Study on 2.5D complex resistivity electromagnetic forward and inversion, Ph.D. thesis, Jilin University, Jilin, China, 2007.
- B. Xiong, “A new formula based on the independent electric and magnetic fields for 2.5-D forward of TEM,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Workshop on Electromagnetic Induction in the Earth, pp. 536–539, 2008.
- Y. Z. Luo and G. Q. Zhang, Application of Electronic Computer in Electrical Prospecting, Wuhan College of Geology Press, 1987.
- S. Z. Xu, FEM in Geophysics, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1994.
- J. M. Jin, J. G. Wang, and D. B. Ge, The Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics, Xidian University Press, Xi'an, China, 1997.
- T. A. Davis and I. S. Duff, “An unsymmetric-pattern multifrontal method for sparse LU factorization,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 18, pp. 140–158, 1997.
- T. A. Davis, Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2007.
- H. Stehfest, “Numerical inversion of Laplace transforms,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 13, pp. 47–49, 1970.
- Z. L. Niu, The Theory of Time-Domain Electromagnetic Methods, Central South University of Technology Press, Hunan, China, 1992.
- J. T. Liu, H. M. Gu, and X. Y. Hu, “Three-components interpretation for transient electromagnetic method,” Yangtze River, vol. 39, pp. 114–116, 2008.