- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 259529, 14 pages
Observed Change in Sahel Rainfall, Circulations, African Easterly Waves, and Atlantic Hurricanes Since 1979
1Utah Climate Center, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
2Department of Plants, Soils, and Climate, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
Received 1 April 2011; Revised 1 August 2011; Accepted 26 August 2011
Academic Editor: Amadou Gaye
Copyright © 2011 Shih-Yu Wang and Robert R. Gillies. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Daniel Barandiaran, and Shih-Yu Wang, “The missing teleconnection between the North Atlantic and the Sahel precipitation in CFSv2,” Atmospheric Science Letters, 2013.
- Elinor R. Martin, and Chris D. Thorncroft, “The impact of the AMO on the West African monsoon annual cycle,” Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, vol. 140, no. 678, pp. 31–46, 2013.
- Churchill Okonkwo, Belay Demoz, and Sium Tesfai, “Characterization of West African Jet Streams and Their Association to ENSO Events and Rainfall in ERA-Interim 1979–2011,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Churchill Okonkwo, “An Advanced Review of the Relationships between Sahel Precipitation and Climate Indices: A Wavelet Approach,” International Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Sophie Agnes Kima, A. A. Okhimamhe, Andre Kiema, Nouhoun Zampaligre, and Isaiah Sule, “Adapting to the impacts of climate change in the sub-humid zone of Burkina Faso, West Africa: Perceptions of agro-pastoralists,” Pastoralism, vol. 5, no. 1, 2015.
- R. Li, J. Jin, S-Y Wang, and R. R. Gillies, “Significant impacts of radiation physics in the Weather Research and Forecasting model on the precipitation and dynamics of the West African Monsoon,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 44, no. 5-6, pp. 1583–1594, 2015.