- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 989136, 11 pages
Ground Penetrating Radar Assessment of Flexible Road Pavement Degradation
1Dipartimento di Architettura e Urbanistica, Università di L'Aquila, Via Campo di Pile, Zona industriale di Pile, 67100 Aquila, Italy
2Dipartimento di Ingegneria delle Strutture, delle Acque e del Terreno, Università di L'Aquila, Nucleo Industriale di Bazzano, Monticchio 67100 Aquila, Italy
Received 7 July 2010; Revised 27 October 2010; Accepted 8 February 2011
Academic Editor: Mrinal Sen
Copyright © 2011 Sandro Colagrande et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- SITEB, “Manutenzione delle pavimentazioni stradali,” Emmevi grafica, Varese, Italy, 2004.
- CNR, “Istruzioni sulla pianificazione della manutenzione stradale,” Italian regulation, 1988.
- SHRP, “Distress identification manual for the long-term pavement performance project,” USA regulation, 1993.
- VSS, “Catalogue des degradations,” Swiss regulation, 1991.
- D. J. Daniels, Surface-Penetrating Radar, The Institution of Electrical Engineers; Short Run Press Ltd, Exeter, UK.
- T. Saarenketo and T. Scullion, “Road evaluation with ground penetrating radar,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 43, no. 2–4, pp. 119–138, 2000.
- S. Smith and T. Scullion, “Development of ground-penetrating radar equipment for detecting pavement condition for preventive maintenance,” Tech. Rep. Project H-104 A, Strategic Highway Research Program, Natural Resources Defense Council, Washington, DC, USA, 1993.
- K. R. Maser, “Condition assessment of transportation infrastructure using ground-penetrating radar,” Journal of Infrastructure Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 94–101, 1996.
- X. Dérobert, C. Fauchard, P. Côte et al., “Step-frequency radar applied on thin road layers,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 317–325, 2001.
- C. Fauchard, X. Dérobert, J. Cariou, and P. Côte, “GPR performances for thickness calibration on road test sites,” NDT and E International, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 67–75, 2003.
- M. O. Gordon, K. Broughton, and M. S. A. Hardy, “The assessment of the value of GPR imaging of flexible pavements,” NDT and E International, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 429–438, 1998.
- S. Lahouar and I. L. Al-Qadi, “Automatic detection of multiple pavement layers from GPR data,” NDT and E International, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 69–81, 2008.
- I. L. Al-Qadi, S. Lahouar, and A. Loulizi, “In situ measurements of hot-mix asphalt dielectric properties,” NDT and E International, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 427–434, 2001.
- A. Benedetto and S. Pensa, “Indirect diagnosis of pavement structural damages using surface GPR reflection techniques,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 107–123, 2007.
- K. Grote, S. Hubbard, J. Harvey, and Y. Rubin, “Evaluation of infiltration in layered pavements using surface GPR reflection techniques,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 129–153, 2005.
- M. B. Kowalsky, S. Finsterle, and Y. Rubin, “Estimating flow parameter distributions using ground-penetrating radar and hydrological measurements during transient flow in the vadose zone,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 583–599, 2004.
- J. L. Davis and A. P. Annan, “Ground-penetrating radar for high-resolution mapping of soil and rock stratigraphy,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 531–551, 1989.
- G. C. Topp, J. L. Davis, and A. P. Annan, “Electromagnetic determination of soil water content: measurements in coaxial transmission lines,” Water Resources Research, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 574–582, 1980.
- A. Turesson, “Water content and porosity estimated from ground-penetrating radar and resistivity,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 99–111, 2006.
- A. R. Sena, P. L. Stoffa, and M. K. Sen, “Split-step Fourier migration of GPR data in lossy media,” Geophysics, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. K77–K91, 2006.
- Ingegneria dei Sistemi, “IDSGred3D User manual. 20,” 2000, Pisa, Italy.
- S. Colagrande, D. Ranalli, M. Scozzafava, and M. Tallini, “GPR investigations on degraded road pavements built on embankments,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Characterisation of Pavement and Soil Engineering, A. Loizos, T. Scarpas, and I. L. Al-Qadi, Eds., pp. 971–981, Taylor & Francis Ltd, Athens, Greece, June 2007.