- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 625831, 17 pages
Regional Climate Model Sensitivity to Domain Size for the Simulation of the West African Summer Monsoon Rainfall
1Department of Physics, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
2Earth System Physics (ESP) Section, International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), 34151 Trieste, Italy
Received 2 May 2011; Revised 29 August 2011; Accepted 5 November 2011
Academic Editor: Alessandra Giannini
Copyright © 2012 Nana A. K. Browne and Mouhamadou B. Sylla. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mb Sylla, F Giorgi, and F Stordal, “Large-scale origins of rainfall and temperature bias in high-resolution simulations over southern Africa,” Climate Research, vol. 52, pp. 193–211, 2012.
- P. Maharana, and A.P. Dimri, “Impact of initial and boundary condition on regional winter climate over the Western Himalayas: A fixed domain size experiment,” Global and Planetary Change, 2013.
- Alessandro Dosio, Arona Dhiédiou, Andre Kamga, Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Benjamin Lamptey, Emiola Gbobaniyi, Abdoulaye Sarr, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, and Chris Lennard, “Climatology, annual cycle and interannual variability of precipitation and temperature in CORDEX simulations over West Africa,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 2241–2257, 2013.
- Julien Crétat, Benjamin Pohl, Carmela Chateau Smith, Nicolas Vigaud, and Yves Richard, “An original way to evaluate daily rainfall variability simulated by a regional climate model: the case of South African austral summer rainfall,” International Journal of Climatology, 2014.
- S. K. Dash, K. C. Pattnayak, S. K. Panda, Deepika Vaddi, and Ashu Mamgain, “Impact of domain size on the simulation of Indian summer monsoon in RegCM4 using mixed convection scheme and driven by HadGEM2,” Climate Dynamics, 2014.
- Francis Nkrumah, Nana Ama Browne Klutse, David Cudjoe Adukpo, Kwadwo Owusu, Kwesi Akumenyi Quagraine, Alfred Owusu, and William Gutowski, “Rainfall Variability over Ghana: Model versus Rain Gauge Observation,” International Journal of Geosciences, vol. 05, no. 07, pp. 673–683, 2014.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Filippo Giorgi, Jeremy S. Pal, Peter Gibba, Ibourahima Kebe, and Michel Nikiema, “Projected Changes in the Annual Cycle of High-Intensity Precipitation Events over West Africa for the Late Twenty-First Century*,” Journal of Climate, vol. 28, no. 16, pp. 6475–6488, 2015.
- Nico Becker, Uwe Ulbrich, and Rupert Klein, “Systematic large-scale secondary circulations in a regional climate model,” Geophysical Research Letters, 2015.
- Julien Cretat, Edward K. Vizy, and Kerry H. Cook, “The relationship between African easterly waves and daily rainfall over West Africa: observations and regional climate simulations,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 44, no. 1-2, pp. 385–404, 2015.
- Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, Abdoulaye Sarr, Alessandro Dosio, Arona Diedhiou, Andre Kamga, Benjamin Lamptey, Abdou Ali, Emiola O. Gbobaniyi, Kwadwo Owusu, Christopher Lennard, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Hans-Jürgen Panitz, and Matthias Büchner, “Daily characteristics of West African summer monsoon precipitation in CORDEX simulations,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2015.
- Joel Arnault, Sven Wagner, Thomas Rummler, Benjamin Fersch, Jan Bliefernicht, Sabine Andresen, and Harald Kunstmann, “Role of Runoff–Infiltration Partitioning and Resolved Overland Flow on Land–Atmosphere Feedbacks: A Case Study with the WRF-Hydro Coupled Modeling System for West Africa,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1489–1516, 2016.
- Moustapha Tall, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaïla Diallo, Jeremy S. Pal, Aïssatou Faye, Mamadou Lamine Mbaye, and Amadou Thierno Gaye, “Projected impact of climate change in the hydroclimatology of Senegal with a focus over the Lake of Guiers for the twenty-first century,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2016.
- Joel Arnault, Richard Knoche, Jianhui Wei, and Harald Kunstmann, “Evaporation tagging and atmospheric water budget analysis with WRF: A regional precipitation recycling study for West Africa,” Water Resources Research, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1544–1567, 2016.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Nellie Elguindi, Filippo Giorgi, and Dominik Wisser, “Projected robust shift of climate zones over West Africa in response to anthropogenic climate change for the late 21st century,” Climatic Change, vol. 134, no. 1-2, pp. 241–253, 2016.
- Caleb Mensah, Leonard K. Amekudzi, Nana Ama B. Klutse, Jeffrey N. A. Aryee, and Kofi Asare, “Comparison of Rainy Season Onset, Cessation and Duration for Ghana from RegCM4 and GMet Datasets,” Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, vol. 06, no. 02, pp. 300–309, 2016.