- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 673506, 7 pages
Lg Coda Variations in North-Central Iran
1Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, 14155-6466, Iran
2International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), Tehran, 19395-3913, Iran
Received 22 July 2011; Revised 5 November 2011; Accepted 7 November 2011
Academic Editor: P. Talwani
Copyright © 2012 Mojtaba Naghavi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Press and M. Ewing, “Two slow surface wave across north America,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 42, pp. 219–228, 1952.
- J. Xie, Z. Wu, R. Liu, D. Schaff, Y. Liu, and J. Liang, “Tomographic regionalization of crustal Lg Q in eastern Eurasin,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 33, Article ID L03315, 2006.
- B. J. Mitchell, Y. Pan, J. Xie, and L. Cong, “Lg coda Q variation across Eurasia and its relation to crustal evolution,” Journal of Geophysical Research B, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 22767–22779, 1997.
- J. Xie and O. W. Nuttli, “Interpretation of high-frequency coda at large distances: stochastic modelling and method of inversion,” Geophysical Journal, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 579–595, 1988.
- S. Baqer and B. J. Mitchell, “Regional variation of Lg coda Q in the continental United States and its relation to crustal structure and evolution,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 153, no. 2–4, pp. 613–638, 1998.
- L. Cong and B. J. Mitchell, “Lg coda Q and its relation to the geology and tectonics of the Middle East,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 153, no. 2–4, pp. 563–585, 1998.
- J. L. De Souza and B. J. Mitchell, “Lg coda Q variations across South America and their relation to crustal evolution,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 153, no. 2–4, pp. 587–612, 1998.
- M. Campillo, “Propagation and attenuation characteristics of the crustal phase Lg,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 132, no. 1-2, pp. 1–19, 1990.
- M. Alavi, “Tectonostratigraphic synthesis and structural style of the Alborz mountain system in Northern Iran,” Journal of Geodynamics, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1–33, 1996.
- A. M.C. Şengör, D. Altiner, A. Cin, T. Ustaömer, and K. J. Hsü, “Origin and assembly of the Tethyside orogenic collage at the expense of Gondwana Land,” Geological Society Special Publication, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 119–181, 1988.
- M. Berberian and R. S. Yeats, “Contribution of archaeological data to studies of earthquake history in the Iranian Plateau,” Journal of Structural Geology, vol. 23, no. 2-3, pp. 563–584, 2001.
- J. Jackson, K. Priestley, M. Allen, and M. Berberian, “Active tectonics of the South Caspian basin,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 214–245, 2002.
- J. F. Ritz, H. Nazari, A. Ghassemi et al., “Active transtension inside central Alborz: a new insight into northern Iran-southern Caspian geodynamics,” Geology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 477–480, 2006.
- B. L. N. Kennett and E. R. Engdahl, “Traveltimes for global earthquake location and phase identification,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 429–465, 1991.
- R. L. Street, R. B. Herrmann, and O. W. Nuttli, “Spectral characteristics of the Lg wave generated by central United States earthquakes,” Geophysical Journal of Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 41, pp. 51–63, 1975.
- R. B. Herrmann and A. Kijko, “Modeling some empirical vertical component Lg relations,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 73, pp. 157–171, 1983.
- R. W. Burger, P. G. Somerville, L. S. Barker, R. B. Herrrnann, and D. V. Helmberger, “The effect of crustal structure on strong ground motion attenuation relations in eastern North America,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 77, pp. 120–139, 1987.
- G. M. Atkinson and R. F. Mereu, “The shape of ground motion attenuation curves in southeastern Canada,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 2014–2031, 1992.
- J. Xie and B. J. Mitchell, “A back-projection ethodforimaginglarge-scale lateral variations of Lg coda Q with application to ontinental Africa,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 100, pp. 161–181, 1990.
- G. J. Steensma and N. N. Biswas, “Frequency dependent characteristics of coda wave quality factor in central and southcentral Alaska,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 128, no. 1-2, pp. 295–307, 1988.
- R. Hansen, D. McNamara, E. Van Ark, and D. Christensen, “Lg ProPagation Continental Alaska,” Eos Transactions of American Geophysical Union, vol. 79, article 79, 1998.
- H. M. Benz, A. Frankel, and D. M. Boore, “Regional Lg attenuation for the continental United States,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 606–619, 1997.
- D. E. McNamara, T. J. Owens, and W. R. Walter, “Propagation characteristics of Lg across the Tibetan Plateau,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 457–469, 1996.
- D. E. McNamara, “Frequency dependent Lg attenuation in south-central Alaska,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 27, no. 23, pp. 3949–3952, 2000.