- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 986016, 12 pages
Using Seasonal Climate Forecasts to Guide Disaster Management: The Red Cross Experience during the 2008 West Africa Floods
1Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, N. W., Office 715, Washington, DC 20036, USA
2Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre, The Hague, The Netherlands
3International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI), Palisades, NY, USA
4UNISDR Africa Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
5African Center for Meteorological Applications to Development (ACMAD), Niamey, Niger
Received 29 September 2011; Revised 22 December 2011; Accepted 15 January 2012
Academic Editor: Gregory S. Jenkins
Copyright © 2012 Arame Tall et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gueladio Cisse, “Water-related disaster management and adaptation to climate change: bridges and challenges?,” Water International, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 11–16, 2013.
- Lisette Martine Braman, Maarten Krispijn van Aalst, Simon J. Mason, Pablo Suarez, Youcef Ait-Chellouche, and Arame Tall, “Climate forecasts in disaster management: Red Cross flood operations in West Africa, 2008,” Disasters, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 144–164, 2013.
- Philip K Thornton, Polly J Ericksen, Mario Herrero, and Andrew J Challinor, “Climate variability and vulnerability to climate change: a review,” Global Change Biology, 2014.
- Philip K. Thornton, and Mario Herrero, “Climate change adaptation in mixed crop–livestock systems in developing countries,” Global Food Security, 2014.
- I.B. Kgakatsi, and C.J. DeW Rautenbach, “The contribution of seasonal climate forecasts to the management of agricultural disaster-risk in South Africa,” International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 2014.