- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 202763, 12 pages
The Study of Westward Drift in the Main Geomagnetic Field
Research Center for Astronomy and Geophysics, Mongolian Academy of Sciences (MAS), Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Received 8 January 2013; Revised 12 March 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editor: Rudolf A. Treumann
Copyright © 2013 G. Bayanjargal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Halley, “On the cause of the change in the variation of the magnetic needle, with an hypothesis of the structure of the internal parts of the earth,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, vol. 17, pp. 470–478, 1692.
- L. A. Bauer, “On the secular motion of a free magnetic needle,” Physical Review (Series I), vol. 2, pp. 455–465, 1895.
- E. C. Bullard, C. Freedman, H. Gellman, and J. Nexon, “The westward drift of the Earth's magnetic field,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 243, pp. 67–92, 1950.
- T. Yukutake, “The westward drift of the magnetic field of the Earth,” Bulletin of the Earthquake Research Institute, vol. 40, pp. 1–65, 1962.
- Z. Wei and W. Xu, “Latitude-dependence and dispersion of the westward drift in the geomagnetic field,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 330–333, 2002.
- J. M. Herndon, “Nature of planetary matter and magnetic field generation in the solar system,” Current Science, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 1033–1039, 2009.
- Z. Wei and W. Xu, “Differential rotation of geomagnetic field,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 48, no. 24, pp. 2739–2742, 2003.
- T. Yukutake and H. Tachinaka, “The westward drift of the geomagnetic secular variation,” Bulletin of the Earthquake Research Institute, vol. 46, pp. 1075–1102, 1968.