- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 931876, 9 pages
3D DC Resistivity Inversion with Topography Based on Regularized Conjugate Gradient Method
School of Geosciences and Info-Physics, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Received 25 March 2013; Revised 30 July 2013; Accepted 21 August 2013
Academic Editor: Salvatore Piro
Copyright © 2013 Jian-ke Qiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-K. Qiang and Y.-Z. Luo, “The resistivity FEM numerical modeling on 3-D undulating topography,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1606–1613, 2007 (Chinese).
- A. C. Tripp, G. W. Hohmann, and C. M. Swift Jr., “Two-dimensional resistivity inversion,” Geophysics, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 1708–1717, 1984.
- S. K. Park and G. P. Van, “Inversion of pole-pole data for 3-D resistivity structure beneath arrays of electrodes,” Geophysics, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 951–960, 1991.
- Y. Sasaki, “3-D resistivity inversion using the finite-element method,” Geophysics, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 1839–1848, 1994.
- J. Zhang, R. L. Mackie, and T. R. Madden, “3-D resistivity forward modeling and inversion using conjugate gradients,” Geophysics, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1313–1325, 1995.
- M. H. Loke and R. D. Barker, “Practical techniques for 3D resistivity surveys and data inversion,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 499–523, 1996.
- X. P. Wu and G. M. Xu, “Derivation and analysis of partial derivative matrix in resistivity 3-D inversion,” Oil Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 34, pp. 363–372, 1999.
- X.-P. Wu and G.-M. Xu, “Study on 3-D resistivity inversion using conjugate gradient method,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 420–427, 2000.
- X.-P. Wu, “3-D resistivity inversion under the condition of uneven terrain,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 932–936, 2005.
- H.-F. Liu, J.-X. Liu, R.-W. Guo, X.-K. Deng, and B.-Y. Ruan, “Efficient inversion of 3D IP data for continuous model with complex geometry,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1212–1218, 2011.
- N. G. Papadopoulos, M.-J. Yi, J.-H. Kim, P. Tsourlos, and G. N. Tsokas, “Geophysical investigation of tumuli by means of surface 3D electrical resistivity tomography,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 192–205, 2010.
- P. I. Tsourlos and R. D. Ogilvy, “An algorithm for the 3-D inversion of tomographic resistivity and induced polarisation data: preliminary results,” Journal of the Balkan Geophysical Society, vol. 2, pp. 30–45, 1999.
- J. G. Huang, B. Y. Ruan, and G. S. Bao, “Resistivity inversion on 3-D section based on FEM,” Journal of Central South University of Technology, vol. 35, pp. 295–299, 2004.
- T. Günther, C. Rücker, and K. Spitzer, “Three-dimensional modeling and inversion of dc resistivity data incorporating topography—II inversion,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 166, no. 2, pp. 506–5517, 2006.
- G. A. Oldenborger and P. S. Routh, “The point-spread function measure of resolution for the 3-D electrical resistivity experiment,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 176, no. 2, pp. 405–414, 2009.
- A. Dey and H. F. Morrison, “Resistivity modeling for arbitrarily shaped three-dimensional structures,” Geophysics, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 753–760, 1979.
- R. G. Ellis and D. W. Oldenburg, “The pole-pole 3-D DC-resistivity inverse problem: a conjugate- gradient approach,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 187–194, 1994.
- D. J. LaBrecque, M. Miletto, W. Daily, A. Ramirez, and E. Owen, “The effects of noise on Occam's inversion of resistivity tomography data,” Geophysics, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 538–548, 1996.
- M.-J. Yi, J.-H. Kim, Y. Song, S.-J. Cho, S.-H. Chung, and J.-H. Suh, “Three-dimensional imaging of subsurface structures using resistivity data,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 483–497, 2001.
- C. C. Pain, J. V. Herwanger, M. H. Worthington, and C. R. E. de Oliveira, “Effective multidimensional resistivity inversion using finite-element techniques,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 710–728, 2002.
- A. Pidlisecky, E. Haber, and R. Knight, “RESINVM3D: a 3D resistivity inversion package,” Geophysics, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. H1–H10, 2007.
- L. Marescot, S. P. Lopes, S. Rigobert, and A. G. Green, “Nonlinear inversion of geoelectric data acquired across 3D objects using a finite-element approach,” Geophysics, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. F121–F133, 2008.
- M. S. Zhdanov, Geophysical Inverse Theory and Regularization Problems, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 2002.