- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 306862, 13 pages
Determination of Location and Depth of Mineral Rocks at Olode Village in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, Using Geophysical Methods
Department of Physics, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Received 7 February 2014; Revised 15 June 2014; Accepted 20 June 2014; Published 16 July 2014
Academic Editor: Salvatore Piro
Copyright © 2014 Akintayo O. Ojo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Philip, M. Brooks, and L. Hill, An Introduction to Geophysical Exploration, Blackwell Science, London, UK, 3rd edition, 2002.
- W. Lowrie, Fundamentals of Geophysics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 2011.
- J. S. Kayode, Ground magnetic study of Jeda-Iloko area, South-Western Nigeria and its geological implications [M.S. thesis], Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, 2006.
- O. Ojo Akintayo, “Geomagnetic and geoelectric investigation of mineral rocks at Awo, Osun State, southwest Nigeria,” International Journal of Physical Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 60–74, 2013.
- K. S. Ishola, L. Adeoti, and A. Obianeri, “Interpretation of the historic site, Agorin in Badagry, Southwestern Nigeria using geophysical methods,” Ozean Journal of applied Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 85–99, 2010.
- J. S. Kayode and A. O. Adelusi, “Ground magnetic data interpretation of Ijebu-Jesa area, Southwestern Nigeria, using total component,” Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 703–709, 2010.
- A. Roy, “Depth of investigation in Wenner, three-electrode and dipole-dipole DC resistivity methods,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 329–340, 1972.
- S. L. Folami, “Interpretation of aeromagnetic anomalies in Iwaraja area, South Western Nigeria,” Journal of Mining and Geology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 393–397, 1992.
- C. T. Young and D. R. Droege, “Archaeological applications of resistivity and magnetic methods at fort wilkins state park, michigan,” Geophysics, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 568–575, 1986.
- J. S. Kayode, P. Nyabese, and A. O. Adelusi, “Ground magnetic study of Ilesa east, Southwestern Nigeria,” African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 122–131, 2010.
- R. Oni and B. Ebun, “Measurement and Interpretation of magnetic anomaly components in Low latitude,” Journal of geophysical Research, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 4233–4245, 1969.
- V. D. Obot and P. J. Wolfe, “Ground level magnetic study of Greene County Ohio,” Ohio Journal of Science, vol. 80, pp. 50–54, 1981.
- M. N. Umego and S. B. Ojo, “A magnetic depth to basement analysis in the Sokoto basin, North Western Nigeria,” Journal of Mining and Geology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 161–167, 1995.
- J. A. Adekoya, O. O. Kehinde-Phillips, and A. M. Odukoya, “Geological distribution of mineral resources in Southwestern Nigeria,” in Prospects for Investment in Mineral Resources of Southwestern Nigeria, A. A. Elueze, Ed., pp. 1–13, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences (NMGS), 2003.
- T. R. Ajayi and O. Ogedengbe, “Opportunities for the exploitation of precious and rare metals in Nigeria,” in Prospects for Investment in Mineral Resources of Southwestern Nigeria, A. A. Elueze, Ed., pp. 15–56, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), 2003.
- I. Garba, “Geochemical discriminaton of newly discovered rare-metal bearing and barren pegmatites in the Pan-African (600 ± 150 Ma) basement of northern Nigeria,” Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy B: Applied Earth Science, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 287–292, 2003.
- O. A. Okunlola and O. Ogedengbe, “Investment potential of gemstone occurrences in Southwestern Nigeria,” in Prospects for Investment in Mineral Resources of Southwestern Nigeria, A. A. Elueze, Ed., pp. 41–45, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), 2003.
- O. A. Okunlola, “Metallogeny of Tantalum-niobium mineralization of Precambrian pegmatite of Nigeria,” Mineral Wealth, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 38–50, 2005.
- O. A. Okunlola and S. Jimba, “Compositional trends in relation to Ta-Nb mineralization in Precambrian pegmatites of Aramoko-Ara-Ijero area, Southwestern Nigeria,” Journal of Mining and Geology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 113–126, 2006.
- O. A. Okunlola and B. E. Ofonime, “Geological setting, petrographical features and age of rare metal (Ta-Nb) mineralization of pegmatite of Komu area, Southwestern Nigeria,” African Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 96–110, 2006.
- O. A. Okunlola and E. B. Somorin, “Compositional features of Precambrian pegmatite of Itakpe area, Central Nigeria,” Global Journal of Geological Science, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 221–230, 2006.
- M. A. Rahaman, “Review of the Basement Geology of Southwestern Nigeria,” in Geology of Nigeria, C. A. Kogbe, Ed., pp. 41–58, Elizabethan, Lagos, Nigeria, 1976.
- O. A. Okunlola, O. C. Adeigbe, and O. O. Oluwatoke, “Compositional and petrogenetic features of schistose rocks of ibadan area, Southwestern Nigeria,” Earth Sciences Research Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 119–133, 2009.
- N. G. Obaje, Geology and Mineral Resources of Nigeria, vol. 120 of Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- L. L. Nettleton, Gravity and Magnetic in Oil Prospecting, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- W. M. Telford, L. P. Geldart, and R. E. Sheriff, Applied Geophysics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 3rd edition, 1990.
- D. S. Parasnis, Principles of Applied geophysics, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1978.
- R. Thompson and F. Oldfield, Environment Magnetism, Allen and Unwin, London, UK, 1986.
- L. J. Peters, “The direct approach to magnetic interpretation and its practical application,” Geophysics, vol. 14, pp. 290–320, 1949.
- O. Koefoed, Geosounding Principles, 1, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1979.
- D. K. Butler, Near Surface Geophysics Textbook, vol. 13, Society of Exploration Geophysicis, 2005.
- R. C. Searle, “Magnetic susceptibility as a tool for investigating igneous rocks—experience from IODP Expedition 304,” Scientific Drilling, no. 6, pp. 52–54, 2008.