- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 691521, 8 pages
Integrating Apparent Conductance in Resistivity Sounding to Constrain 2D Gravity Modeling for Subsurface Structure Associated with Uranium Mineralization across South Purulia Shear Zone, West Bengal, India
Department of Geology and Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, West Bengal, India
Received 29 May 2013; Revised 28 October 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013; Published 22 January 2014
Academic Editor: Ruey-Juin Rau
Copyright © 2014 Arkoprovo Biswas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. L. Bhola, Y. N. Rama Rao, C. S. Sastry, and N. R. Mehta, “Uranium mineralization in Singhbhum thrust belt, Bihar, India,” Economic Geology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 162–173, 1966.
- A. K. Saha, “Crustal evolution of Singhbhum—north Orissa, eastern India,” Memoirs of the Geological Society of India, vol. 27, p. 341, 1994.
- B. Kríbek, K. Žák, P. Dobeá et al., “The Rožná uranium deposit (Bohemian Massif, Czech Republic): shear zone-hosted, late Variscan and post-Variscan hydrothermal mineralization,” Mineralium Deposita, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 99–128, 2009.
- S. I. Turchenko, A. B. Vrevsky, and V. B. Dagelaisky, “The precambrian metallogeny of India,” Geology of Ore Deposits, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 317–329, 2009.
- D. S. Bhattacharyya, “Early proterozoic metallogeny, tectonics and geochronology of the singhbhum CuU belt, eastern India,” Precambrian Research, vol. 58, no. 1–4, pp. 71–83, 1992.
- V. Tuncer, M. J. Unsworth, W. Siripunvaraporn, and J. A. Craven, “Exploration for unconformity-type uranium deposits with audiomagnetotelluric data: a case study from the McArthur River mine, Saskatchewan, Canada,” Geophysics, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. B201–B209, 2006.
- G. Nimeck and R. Koch, “A progressive geophysical exploration strategy at the Shea Creek uranium deposit,” Leading Edge, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 52–63, 2008.
- J. M. Legault, D. Carriere, and L. Petrie, “Synthetic model testing and distributed acquisition dc resistivity results over an unconformity uranium target from the Athabasca Basin, northern Saskatchewan,” Leading Edge, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 46–51, 2008.
- W. K. Mohanty, A. Mandal, S. P. Sharma, S. Gupta, and S. Misra, “Integrated geological and geophysical studies for delineation of chromite deposits: a case study from Tangarparha, Orissa, India,” Geophysics, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. B173–B185, 2011.
- A. Chakrabarty, A. K. Sen, and T. K. Ghosh, “Amphibole—a key indicator mineral for petrogenesis of the Purulia carbonatite, West Bengal, India,” Mineralogy and Petrology, vol. 95, no. 1-2, pp. 105–112, 2009.
- R. K. Verma, A. U. S. Sarma, and M. Mukhopadhyay, “Gravity field over Singhbhum, its relationship to geology and tectonic history,” Tectonophysics, vol. 106, no. 1-2, pp. 87–93, 97–107, 1984.
- R. K. Verma, P. D. V. S. Rao, and M. Mukhopadhyay, “Analysis of gravity field over Singhbhum region and evolution of Singhbhum craton,” in Recent Researches in Geology, A. K. Saha, Ed., vol. 16, pp. 123–133, Hindustan Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, India, 1996.
- L. K. Das, C. S. Pathak, N. P. Singh, D. K. Saha, M. K. Rai, and D. C. Naskar, “A look at the metallogeny of Singhbhum, India: a geophysical approach,” Indian Minerals, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 107–122, 1997.
- A. Gupta and A. Basu, “North Singhbhum Proterozoic mobile belt eastern India—a review,” Geological Survey of India, vol. 55, pp. 195–226, 2000.
- A. Acharyya, S. Ray, B. K. Chaudhuri, S. K. Basu, S. K. Bhaduri, and A. K. Sanyal, “Proterozoic rock suites along south Purulia Shear Zone, eastern India: evidence for rift-related setting,” Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1069–1086, 2006.
- V. J. Katti, J. Sen, and A. K. Bhatt, “Uranium potentiality of south Purulia Shear Zone, eastern India shield,” in Proceedings of the Technical Committee Meeting on Low Grade Uranium Deposits, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, March 2010.
- A. K. Dwivedi, J. Sen, C. Murugan et al., “The application of hydrogeochemical method in uranium exploration—a case study from Barabazar-Manbazar area, Purulia district, West Bengal,” Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 561–570, 2008.
- T. K. Baidya, “Apatite-magnetite deposit in the chhotanagpur gneissic complex, Panrkidih area, Purulia District, West Bengal,” Indian Journal of Geology, vol. 64, pp. 88–95, 1992.
- S. K. Basu, “Alkaline-carbonatite complex in Precambrian of south Purulia Shear Zone, eastern India: its characteristics and mineral potentialities,” Indian Minerals, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 179–194, 1993.
- A. K. G. Roy and P. R. Sengupta, “Alkalic-carbonatitic magmatism and associated mineralisation along the Porapahar-Tamar lineament in the Proterozoics of Purulia District, West Bengal,” Indian Journal of Earth Sciences, vol. 20, no. 3-4, pp. 193–200, 1993.
- Y. Vapnik, S. Bushmin, A. Chattopadhyay, and D. Dolivo-Dobrovolsky, “Fluid inclusion and mineralogical study of vein-type apatite ores in shear zones from the Singhbhum metallogenetic province, West Bengal, India,” Ore Geology Reviews, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 412–430, 2007.
- A. Biswas and A. Mandal, “Current flow attribute in resistivity sounding to constrain gravity model around south Purulia Shear zone,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Recent Advances in Ground and Airborne Electromagnetic Methods—Innovations in Processing and Inversion Techniques, pp. 65–67, AMD-NGRI-GSI, Hyderabad, India, September 2011.
- S. P. Sharma and A. Biswas, “A practical solution in delineating thin conducting structures and suppression problem in direct current resistivity sounding,” Journal of Earth System Science, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 1065–1080, 2013.
- M. N. Qureshy, D. V. S. Rao, S. C. Bhatia, P. S. Aravamadhu, and C. Subrahmanyam, “Gravity bases established in India by N.G.R.I.—part IV,” Geophysical Research Bulletin, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 136–152, 1973.
- H. Y. Yen, Y. H. Yeh, and C. H. Chen, “Gravity terrain correction of Taiwan, TAO,” Terrestrial, Atmospheric, and Oceanic Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1994.
- D. J. Unwin, “An introduction to trend surface analysis, concepts and techniques in modern geography,” Geo Abstracts, University of East Anglia, Norwich, No. 5, NR4 7TJ, 1978.
- S. P. Sharma and S. K. Verma, “Solutions of the inherent problem of the equivalence in direct current resistivity and electromagnetic methods through global optimization and joint inversion by successive refinement of model space,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 760–776, 2011.
- S. P. Sharma, “VFSARES—a very fast simulated annealing FORTRAN program for interpretation of 1-D DC resistivity sounding data from various electrode arrays,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 42, pp. 177–188, 2012.
- W. M. Telford, L. P. Geldart, and R. E. Sheriff, Applied Geophysics, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- H. R. Burger, A. F. Sheehan, and C. H. Jones, Introduction to Applied Geophysics, W. W. Norton & Company, 2006.
- M. K. Hubbert, “Line-integral method of computing the gravimetric effects of two dimensional masses,” Geophysics, vol. 13, pp. 215–225, 1948.
- M. Talwani, J. W. Worzel, and M. Landsman, “Rapid gravity computation of two-dimensional bodies with application to the Mendocino submarine fracture zone,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 64, pp. 49–59, 1959.
- B. J. Last and K. Kubik, “Compact gravity inversion,” Geophysics, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 713–721, 1983.
- Y. L. Ekinci, “2-D focusing inversion of gravity data with the use of parameter variation as stopping criterion,” Journal of the Balkan Geophysical Society, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2008.
- A. Mandal, A. Biswas, S. Mittal et al., “Geophysical anomalies associated with Uranium mineralization from Beldih mine, South Purulia Shear Zone, India,” Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 601–606, 2013.
- S. P. Sharma, A. Biswas, and S. Mittal, “Delineation of extension of Uranium mineralization zone using Resistivity and Very Low Frequency (VLF) Electromagnetic surveys around South Purulia Shear Zone (SPSZ), India,” Journal of the Geological Society of India. In press.