- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 846024, 9 pages
A Fast Imaging Technique Applied to 2D Electrical Resistivity Data
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra e del Mare, University of Palermo, Via Archirafi 26, 90123 Palermo, Italy
Received 22 November 2013; Revised 16 February 2014; Accepted 2 March 2014; Published 2 April 2014
Academic Editor: Filippos Vallianatos
Copyright © 2014 Raffaele Martorana and Patrizia Capizzi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Patella, “Introduction to ground surface self-potential tomography,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 653–681, 1997.
- P. Mauriello and D. Patella, “Resistivity anomaly imaging by probability tomography,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 411–429, 1999.
- P. Cosentino, D. Luzio, R. Martorana, and L. Terranova, “Tomographic techniques for pseudo-section representation,” in Proceedings of the 1st Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society, pp. 485–488, Turin, Italy, 1995.
- P. Cosentino and D. Luzio, “Tomographic pseudo-inversion of resistivity profiles,” Annali di Geofisica, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 1127–1144, 1997.
- P. Cosentino, D. Luzio, and R. Martorana, “Tomographic resistivity 3D mapping: filter coefficients and depth correction,” in Proceedings of the 4th Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society, pp. 279–282, European Section, Barcelona, Spain, 1998.
- A. Roy and A. Apparao, “Depth of investigation in direct current methods,” Geophysics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 943–959, 1971.
- D. B. Geselowitz, “An application of electrocardiographic lead theory to impedance plethysmography,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 38–41, 1971.
- D. C. Barber and A. D. Seagar, “Fast reconstruction of resistance images,” Clinical Physics and Physiological Measurement, vol. 8, supplement A, pp. 47–54, 1987.
- M. Noel and B. Xu, “Archaeological investigation by electrical resistivity tomography: a preliminary study,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 95–102, 1991.
- C. C. Barber, B. H. Brown, and I. L. Freeston, “Imaging spatial distributions of resistivity using applied potential tomography,” Electronics Letters, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 933–935, 1983.
- D. C. Barber and B. H. Brown, “Errors in reconstruction of resistivity images using a linear reconstruction technique,” Clinical Physics and Physiological Measurement, vol. 9, supplement A, pp. 101–104, 1988.
- D. C. Barber, “Image reconstruction in applied potential tomography—electrical impedance tomography,” Internal Report, Department of Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering, University of Sheffield, 1990.
- C. J. Kotre, “A sensitivity coefficient method for the reconstruction of electrical impedance tomograms,” Clinical Physics and Physiological Measurement, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 275–281, 1989.
- C. J. Kotre, “EIT image reconstruction using sensitivity weighted filtered back-projection,” Physiological Measurement, vol. 15, supplement 2, pp. A125–A136, 1994.
- H. Shima and T. Sakayama, “Resistivity tomography: an approach to 2-D resistivity inverse problems,” in Proceedings of the 57th Annual International Meeting Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Expanded Abstracts, pp. 204–207, 1987.
- P. R. McGillivray and D. W. Oldenburg, “Methods for calculating Frechet derivatives and sensitivities for the non-linear inverse problem: a comparative study,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 499–524, 1990.
- M. H. Loke and R. D. Barker, “Least-squares deconvolution of apparent resistivity pseudosections,” Geophysics, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 1682–1690, 1995.
- H. Shima, “2-D and 3-D resistivity image reconstruction using crosshole data,” Geophysics, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1270–1281, 1992.
- W. Menke, Geophysical Data Analysis: Discrete Inverse Theory, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- Y. L. Yaoguo Li and D. W. Oldenburg, “Approximate inverse mappings in DC resistivity problems,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 343–362, 1992.
- H. Dehghani, D. C. Barber, and I. Basarab-Horwath, “Incorporating a priori anatomical information into image reconstruction in electrical impedance tomography,” Physiological Measurement, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 87–102, 1999.
- P. Capizzi, P. L. Cosentino, G. Fiandaca, R. Martorana, P. Messina, and S. Vassallo, “Geophysical investigations at the Himera archaeological site, northern Sicily,” Near Surface Geophysics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 417–426, 2007.
- P. Capizzi, P. L. Cosentino, G. Fiandaca, R. Martorana, and P. Messina, “2D GPR and geoelectrical modelling: tests on man-made tunnels and cavities,” in Proceedings of the 11th European Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, B036, Near Surface, Palermo, Italy, 2005.