- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Hypertension
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 835812, 7 pages
Blood Pressure and Global Risk Assessment in a Swedish Population
1Department of Primary Health Care, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Arvid Wallgrens Backe 4, Hus 7, P.O. Box 454, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
2Department of Clinical Sciences/Community Medicine, Lund University, Clinical Research Centre, SUS Malmö, 205 02 Malmö, Sweden
Received 5 June 2012; Revised 27 July 2012; Accepted 27 July 2012
Academic Editor: Claudio Borghi
Copyright © 2012 Jenny Eckner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National Clinical Guidance Centre, Hypertension (NICE CG 127), National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2011, http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/13561/56007/56007.pdf.
- R. M. Conroy, K. Pyörälä, A. P. Fitzgerald et al., “Estimation of ten-year risk of fatal cardiovascular disease in Europe: the SCORE project,” European Heart Journal, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 987–1003, 2003.
- World Health Organization and International Society of Hypertension, “Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension,” Journal of Hypertension, vol. 17, pp. 151–183, 1999.
- P. S. Yusuf, S. Hawken, S. Ôunpuu et al., “Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study,” The Lancet, vol. 364, no. 9438, pp. 937–952, 2004.
- HeartSCORE, http://www.heartscore.org/.
- G. Mancia, G. De Backer, A. Dominiczak et al., “ESH-ESC practice guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: ESH-ESC task force on the management of arterial hypertension,” Journal of Hypertension, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1751–1762, 2007.
- U. Lindblad, J. Ek, J. Eckner, C. A. Larsson, S. Guangliang, and L. Råstam, “Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension—rule of thirds in The Skaraborg Project,” Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 88–94, 2011.
- W. B. Kannel, R. B. D'Agostino, L. Sullivan, and P. W. F. Wilson, “Concept and usefulness of cardiovascular risk profiles,” American Heart Journal, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 16–26, 2004.
- I. M. Graham, “The importance of total cardiovascular risk assessment in clinical practice,” European Journal of General Practice, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 148–155, 2006.
- C. A. Larsson, B. Gullberg, L. Råstam, and U. Lindblad, “Salivary cortisol differs with age and sex and shows inverse associations with WHR in Swedish women: a cross-sectional study,” BMC Endocrine Disorders, vol. 9, article 16, 2009.
- L. Rastam and G. Sjonell, “A new device for measuring blood pressure in adults,” The Lancet, vol. 337, no. 8735, pp. 249–250, 1991.
- K. G. M. M. Alberti and P. Z. Zimmet, “Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Provisional report of a WHO consultation,” Diabetic Medicine, vol. 15, pp. 539–553, 1998.
- WHO Study Group, “Diabetes mellitus,” Tech. Rep. 727, 1985.
- L. Wilhelmsen, S. Ljungberg, H. Wedel, and L. Werko, “A comparison between participants and non participants in a primary preventive trial,” Journal of Chronic Diseases, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 331–339, 1976.
- G. Mancia, R. Sega, C. Milesi, G. Cesana, and A. Zanchetti, “Blood-pressure control in the hypertensive population,” The Lancet, vol. 349, no. 9050, pp. 454–457, 1997.
- I. Hartz, I. Njølstad, and A. E. Eggen, “Does implementation of the European guidelines based on the SCORE model double the number of Norwegian adults who need cardiovascular drugs for primary prevention? The Tromsø study 2001,” European Heart Journal, vol. 26, no. 24, pp. 2673–2680, 2005.
- L. J. Appel, “Lifestyle modification as a means to prevent and treat high blood pressure,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 14, supplement 2, pp. S99–S102, 2003.
- F. G. Márquez-Celedonio, O. Téxon-Fernández, A. Chávez-Negrete, S. Hernández-López, S. Marín-Rendón, and S. Berlín-Lascurain, “Clinical effect of lifestyle modification on cardiovascular risk in prehypertensives: PREHIPER I Study,” Revista Espanola de Cardiologia, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 86–90, 2009.
- K. M. Henriksson, U. Lindblad, B. Gullberg, B. Ågren, P. Nilsson-Ehle, and L. Råstam, “Development of hypertension over 6 years in a birth cohort of young middle-aged men: the Cardiovascular Risk Factor Study in southern Sweden (CRISS),” Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 252, no. 1, pp. 21–26, 2002.