- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Hypertension
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 538017, 8 pages
Endothelial Activation Microparticles and Inflammation Status Improve with Exercise Training in African Americans
1Hypertension, Molecular and Applied Physiology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Temple University, 1800 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
2Center for Behavioral Cardiovascular Health, Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10027, USA
3ECRI Institute, Health Technology Assessment Group, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462, USA
4Institute of Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
5Department of Kinesiology, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO 65897, USA
6Department of Exercise Science, College of Education, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA 17257, USA
7Vascular Health Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology & Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
8Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Nicolas Federico Renna
Copyright © 2013 Dianne M. Babbitt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Leryn J. Boyle, Daniel P. Credeur, Nathan T. Jenkins, Jaume Padilla, Heather J. Leidy, John P. Thyfault, and Paul J. Fadel, “Impact of reduced daily physical activity on conduit artery flow-mediated dilation and circulating endothelial microparticles,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 1519–1525, 2013.
- Tim H. A. Schreuder, Daniel J. Green, Jean Nyakayiru, Maria T. E. Hopman, and Dick H. J. Thijssen, “Time-course of vascular adaptations during 8 weeks of exercise training in subjects with type 2 diabetes and middle-aged controls,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2014.
- Yan Wang, Xian-bo Zeng, Feng-juan Yao, Fang Wu, Chen Su, Zhen-guo Fan, Zhu Zhu, Jun Tao, and Yi-jun Huang, “Endurance Capacity Is Not Correlated with Endothelial Function in Male University Students,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Jan Kretzschmar, Dianne M. Babbitt, Keith M. Diaz, Deborah L. Feairheller, Kathleen M. Sturgeon, Amanda M. Perkins, Praveen Veerabhadrappa, Sheara T. Williamson, Chenyi Ling, Hojun Lee, Heather Grimm, Sunny R. Thakkar, Deborah L. Crabbe, Mohammed A. Kashem, and Michael D. Brown, “A standardized exercise intervention differentially affects premenopausal and postmenopausal African-American women,” Menopause, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 579–584, 2014.
- Deborah L. Feairheller, Keith M. Diaz, Mohammed A. Kashem, Sunny R. Thakkar, Praveen Veerabhadrappa, Kathleen M. Sturgeon, Chenyi Ling, Sheara T. Williamson, Jan Kretzschmar, Hojun Lee, Heather Grimm, Dianne M. Babbitt, Charmie Vin, Xiaoxuan Fan, Deborah L. Crabbe, and Michael D. Brown, “Effects of Moderate Aerobic Exercise Training on Vascular Health and Blood Pressure in African Americans,” The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2014.
- Cody Durrer, Emily Robinson, Zhongxiao Wan, Nic Martinez, Michelle L. Hummel, Nathan T. Jenkins, Marcus W. Kilpatrick, and Jonathan P. Little, “Differential Impact of Acute High-Intensity Exercise on Circulating Endothelial Microparticles and Insulin Resistance between Overweight/Obese Males a,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 2, 2015.
- Keshav Raj Paudel, Nisha Panth, and Dong-Wook Kim, “Circulating Endothelial Microparticles: A Key Hallmark of Atherosclerosis Progression,” Scientifica, vol. 2016, pp. 1–9, 2016.