- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Inflammation
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 231926, 6 pages
Definition of Nonresponse to Analgesic Treatment of Arthritic Pain: An Analytical Literature Review of the Smallest Detectable Difference, the Minimal Detectable Change, and the Minimal Clinically Important Difference on the Pain Visual Analog Scale
1Scribco Pharmaceutical Writing, P.O. Box 1525, Blue Bell, PA 19422, USA
2Departments of Global Health Outcomes, Epidemiology, and Clinical Development, Merck & Co., Inc., One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889, USA
Received 25 January 2011; Accepted 8 March 2011
Academic Editor: Bernhard Rintelen
Copyright © 2011 Melissa E. Stauffer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Carol Grace T. Vance, Barbara A. Rakel, Nicole P. Blodgett, Josimari Melo DeSantana, Annunziato Amendola, Miriam Bridget Zimmerman, Deirdre M. Walsh, and Kathleen A. Sluka, “Effects of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation on Pain, Pain Sensitivity, and Function in People With Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Physical Therapy, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 898–910, 2012.
- Nina Osteras, Linda Fernandes, and Rikke Helene Moe, “Daily use of a cane for two months reduced pain and improved function in patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Journal Of Physiotherapy, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 128–128, 2012.
- Masataka Umeda, Lisa W. Corbin, and Katrina S. Maluf, “Pain mediates the association between physical activity and the impact of fibromyalgia on daily function,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 143–149, 2013.
- B. Wirth, N. Meier, P. P. Koch, and J. Swanenburg, “Development and Evaluation of a German Version of the Tegner Activity Scale for Measuring Outcome after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury,” Sportverletzung-Sportschaden, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 2013.
- Serge Perrot, and Philippe Bertin, “"Feeling better" or "feeling well" in usual care of hip and knee osteoarthritis pain: Determination of cutoff points for patient acceptable symptom state (PASS) and minimal clinically important improvement (MCII) at rest and on movement in a national multicenter cohort study of 2414 patients with painful osteoarthritis,” Pain, vol. 154, no. 2, pp. 248–256, 2013.
- Merrill R. Landers, Kate A. Addis, Jason K. Longhurst, Bree-lyn vom Steeg, Emilio J. Puentedura, and Michael D. Daubs, “Anterior cervical decompression and fusion on neck range of motion, pain, and function: a prospective analysis,” Spine Journal, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1650–1658, 2013.
- M. Skeppholm, and C. Olerud, “Pain from donor site after anterior cervical fusion with bone graft: a prospective randomized study with 12 months of follow-up,” European Spine Journal, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 142–147, 2013.
- Leiv Sandvik, Ingerid Kleffelgaard, Torgeir Hellstrom, Cecile Roe, and Helene L. Soberg, “Measurement Properties of the High-Level Mobility Assessment Tool for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury,” Physical Therapy, vol. 93, no. 7, pp. 900–910, 2013.
- David H. Gorski, “Integrative oncology: really the best of both worlds?,” Nature Reviews Cancer, 2014.
- Deborah Sutton, Pierre Côté, Jessica J. Wong, Sharanya Varatharajan, Kristi Randhawa, Hainan Yu, Danielle Southerst, Heather M. Shearer, Gabrielle van der Velde, Margareta Nordin, Linda J. Carroll, Silvano Mior, Anne Taylor-Vaisey, and Maja Stupar, “Is multimodal care effective for the management of patients with whiplash-associated disorders or neck pain and associated disorders? A systematic review by the Ontario Protocol for Traffic Injury Management (OPTIMa) Collaboration,” The Spine Journal, 2014.
- H Reinecke, C Weber, K Lange, M Simon, C Stein, and H Sorgatz, “Analgesic efficacy of opioids in chronic pain: recent meta-analyses,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Hans D. Katzberg, Carolina Barnett, Ingemar S. J. Merkies, and Vera Bril, “Minimal Clinically Important Difference In Myasthenia Gravis: Outcomes From A Randomized Trial,” Muscle & Nerve, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 661–665, 2014.
- L. A. VanderWeide, S. M. Smith, and K. E. Trinkley, “A systematic review of the efficacy of venlafaxine for the treatment of fibromyalgia,” Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 2014.
- Jan Borre Johansen, Cecilie Roe, Eva Bakke, Anne Marit Mengshoel, and Nada Andelic, “Reliability and responsiveness of the Norwegian version of the Neck Disability Index,” Scandinavian Journal of Pain, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 2014.
- Nathaniel P Katz, Florence C Paillard, and Evan Ekman, “Determining the clinical importance of treatment benefits for interventions for painful orthopedic conditions,” Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, vol. 10, no. 1, 2015.