- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Inflammation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 124693, 5 pages
Comparison of Different Anthropometric Measurements and Inflammatory Biomarkers
Departments of Cardiology and Internal Medicine “D” and “E”, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 62439, Israel
Received 8 February 2012; Accepted 6 March 2012
Academic Editor: Juan Carlos Kaski
Copyright © 2012 Yaron Arbel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Litwin, “Which measures of obesity best predict cardiovascular risk?” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 616–619, 2008.
- K. M. Rexrode, V. J. Carey, C. H. Hennekens et al., “Abdominal adiposity and coronary heart disease in women,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 280, no. 21, pp. 1843–1848, 1998.
- M. Zeller, P. G. Steg, J. Ravisy et al., “Relation between body mass index, waist circumference, and death after acute myocardial infarction,” Circulation, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 482–490, 2008.
- J. Warnberg, E. Nova, L. A. Moreno et al., “Inflammatory proteins are related to total and abdominal adiposity in a healthy adolescent population: the AVENA Study,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 505–512, 2006.
- K. M. Rexrode, A. Pradhan, J. E. Manson, J. E. Buring, and P. M. Ridker, “Relationship of total and abdominal adiposity with CRP and IL-6 in women,” Annals of Epidemiology, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 674–682, 2003.
- P. Libby, P. M. Ridker, and A. Maseri, “Inflammation and atherosclerosis,” Circulation, vol. 105, no. 9, pp. 1135–1143, 2002.
- O. Wolach, Y. Arbel, M. Cohen et al., “Ethnic groups and high sensitivity C-reactive protein in Israel,” Biomarkers, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 296–306, 2008.
- J. I. Cleeman, “Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel III),” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 285, no. 19, pp. 2486–2497, 2001.
- R. N. Bergman, D. Stefanovski, T. A. Buchanan et al., “A better index of body adiposity,” Obesity, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1083–1089, 2011.
- A. Clauss, “Gerinnungsphysiologische schnellmethode zur bestimmung des fibrinogens,” Acta Haematol Basel, vol. 17, pp. 237–246, 1957.
- C. M. Apovian, S. Bigornia, M. Mott et al., “Adipose macrophage infiltration is associated with insulin resistance and vascular endothelial dysfunction in obese subjects,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1654–1659, 2008.
- M. Frohlich, A. Imhof, G. Berg, et al., “Association between C-reactive protein and features of the metabolic syndrome: a population-based study,” Diabetes Care, vol. 23, pp. 1835–1839, 2000.