- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Inorganic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 989281, 9 pages
Synthesis and Characterization of Nanosized Pigments
1Inorganic Chemistry Department, National Research Center, P.O. Box 12622, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
2Polymers and Pigments Department, National Research Center, P.O. Box 12622, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
3Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Received 10 April 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Academic Editor: Wolfgang Linert
Copyright © 2012 M. F. R. Fouda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Legodi and D. de Waal, “The preparation of magnetite, goethite, hematite and maghemite of pigment quality from mill scale iron waste,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 161–168, 2007.
- Y. Sasaki, N. Usuki, K. Matsuo, and M. Kishimoto, “Development of NanoCAP technology for high-density recording,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 3241–3243, 2005.
- M. Azhar Uddin, H. Tsuda, S. Wu, and E. Sasaoka, “Catalytic decomposition of biomass tars with iron oxide catalysts,” Fuel, vol. 87, no. 4-5, pp. 451–459, 2008.
- M. Matsuoka, Y. Nakatani, and H. Ohido, “γ-Fe2O3 ceramic gas sensor,” Matsushita National Technical Report 24, 1978, 461–473.
- B. L. Cushing, V. L. Kolesnichenko, and C. J. O'Connor, “Recent advances in the liquid-phase syntheses of inorganic nanoparticles,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 3893–3946, 2004.
- I. Lisiecki and M. P. Pileni, “Synthesis of copper metallic clusters using reverse micelles as microreactors,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 3887–3896, 1993.
- P. S. Shah, J. D. Holmes, K. P. Johnston, and B. A. Korgel, “Size-selective dispersion of dodecanethiol-coated nanocrystals in liquid and supereritical ethane by density tuning,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 2545–2551, 2002.
- M. Summers, J. Eastoe, and S. Davis, “Formation of BaSO4 nanoparticles in microemulsions with polymerized surfactant shells,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 5023–5026, 2002.
- K. E. Marchand, M. Tarret, J. P. Lechaire, L. Normand, S. Kasztelan, and T. Cseri, “Investigation of AOT-based microemulsions for the controlled synthesis of MoSx nanoparticles: an electron microscopy study,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 214, no. 1–3, pp. 239–248, 2003.
- F. Porta, L. Prati, M. Rossi, and G. Scari, “Synthesis of Au(0) nanoparticles from W/O microemulsions,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 2002.
- J. Singh, M. Srivastava, J. Dutta, and P. K. Dutta, “Preparation and properties of hybrid monodispersed magnetic α-Fe2O3 based chitosan nanocomposite film for industrial and biomedical applications,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 170–176, 2011.
- A. R. Loukanov, C. D. Dushkin, K. I. Papazova, A. V. Kirov, M. V. Abrashev, and E. Adachi, “Photoluminescence depending on the ZnS shell thickness of CdS/ZnS core-shell semiconductor nanoparticles,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 245, no. 1–3, pp. 9–14, 2004.
- ASTM, “Standard test methods for specific gravity of pigments ASTM,” Tech. Rep. D153, 2008.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for effect of household chemicals on clear and pigmented organic finishes,” Tech. Rep. D1308, 1987.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for oil absorption of pigments by spatula rub-out,” Tech. Rep. D281, 1995.
- ASTM, “Standard Test Methods for Bleeding of Pigments,” Tech. Rep. D279, 1987.
- ASTM, “Standard test methods for resistance of dried films of varnishes to water and alkali,” Tech. Rep. D1647, 1989.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for color and strength of chromatic pigments with a mechanical muller,” Tech. Rep. D387, 2000.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for acid and mortar resistance of factory-applied clear coatings on extruded aluminum products,” Tech. Rep. D3260, 2001.
- B. Nikoobakht and M. A. El-Sayed, “Evidence for bilayer assembly of cationic surfactants on the surface of gold nanorods,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 6368–6374, 2001.
- V. A. Sadykov, L. A. Isupova, S. V. Tsybulya et al., “Effect of mechanical activation on the real structure and reactivity of iron (III) oxide with corundum-type structure,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 191–202, 1996.
- H. Fan, B. Song, J. Liu, Z. Yang, and Q. Li, “Thermal formation mechanism and size control of spherical hematite nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 89, no. 2-3, pp. 321–325, 2005.
- M. Boutonnet, J. Kizling, V. Mintsa-Eya et al., “Monodisperse colloidal metal particles from nonaqueous solutions: catalytic behavior in hydrogenation of but-1-ene of platinum, palladium, and rhodium particles supported on pumice,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 95–104, 1987.
- S. Palaniandy and N. H. Jamil, “Influence of milling conditions on the mechanochemical synthesis of CaTiO3 nanoparticles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 476, no. 1-2, pp. 894–902, 2009.
- D. Chaira, B. K. Mishra, and S. Sangal, “Efficient synthesis and characterization of iron carbide powder by reaction milling,” Powder Technology, vol. 191, no. 1-2, pp. 149–154, 2009.
- R. A. West, Solid State Chemistry and Its Applications, vol. 172, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- J. H. Adair, T. Li, T. Kido et al., “Recent developments in the preparation and properties of nanometer-size spherical and platelet-shaped particles and composite particles,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 23, no. 4-5, pp. 139–242, 1998.
- M. P. Pileni, “Water in oil colloïdal droplets used as microreactors,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 46, pp. 139–163, 1993.
- D. M. Fernandes, A. A. W. Hechenleitner, M. F. Silva et al., “Preparation and characterization of NiO, Fe2O3, Ni0.04Zn0.96O and Fe0.03Zn0.97O nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 118, no. 2-3, pp. 447–452, 2009.
- J. Huang, H. Zhuang, and W. Li, “Synthesis and characterization of nano crystalline BaFe12O19 powders by low temperature combustion,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 149–159, 2003.
- A. M. Jubb and H. C. Allen, “Vibrational spectroscopic characterization of hematite, maghemite, and magnetite thin films produced by vapor deposition,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 2804–2812, 2010.
- J. L. Rendon and C. J. Serna, “IR spectra of powder hematite: effects of particle size and shape,” Clay Minerals, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 375–382, 1981.
- N. Pailhe, A. Wattiaux, M. Gaudon, and A. Demourgues, “Water in oil colloïdal droplets used as microreactors,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 181, pp. 1040–1047, 2008.
- M. Elias, C. Chartier, G. Prévot, H. Garay, and C. Vignaud, “The colour of ochres explained by their composition,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 70–80, 2006.
- D. M. Sherman and T. D. Waite, “Electronic spectra of Fe3+ oxides and oxide hydroxides in the near IR to near UV,” American Mineralogist, vol. 70, no. 11-12, pp. 1262–1269, 1985.
- M. R. Cornell and U. Schwertmann, The Iron Oxides: Structure, Properties, Reactions, Occurrences and Uses, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2nd ed edition, 2003.
- E. McEvoy, A. Marsh, K. Altria, S. Donegan, and J. Power, “Recent advances in the development and application of microemulsion EKC,” Electrophoresis, vol. 28, no. 1-2, pp. 193–207, 2007.