- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 592879, 10 pages
Pharmacophore Modelling and Synthesis of Quinoline-3-Carbohydrazide as Antioxidants
1Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire Equipe 2SBP EA4267, 4 Place Saint Jacque 25030 Besançon Cedex, France
2Laboratoire de Chimie Thérapeutique Equipe 2SBP EA4267, 4 Place Saint Jacque 25030 Besançon Cedex, France
Received 6 October 2010; Revised 16 December 2010; Accepted 21 January 2011
Academic Editor: Armando Rossello
Copyright © 2011 Mustapha El Bakkali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Behl and B. Moosmann, “Antioxidant neuroprotection in Alzheimer's disease as preventive and therapeutic approach,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 182–191, 2002.
- D. R. Coulson, B. Siobhan, J. Cathal, P. Passmore, and J. A. Johnston, “-Secretase activity in human platelets,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 25, p. 358, 2004.
- H. Y. Zhang, D. P. Yang, and G. Y. Tang, “Multipotent antioxidants: from screening to design,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 11, no. 15-16, pp. 749–754, 2006.
- B. J. Day, “Catalytic antioxidants: a radical approach to new therapeutics,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 9, no. 13, pp. 557–566, 2004.
- A. J. Kettle and C. C. Winterbourn, “Myeloperoxidase: a key regulator of neutrophil oxidant product,” Redox Report, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 3–15, 1997.
- C. Desmarchelier, G. Ciccia, and J. Coussio, “Recent advances in the search for antioxidant activity in South American plants,” Studies in Natural Products Chemistry, vol. 22, pp. 343–367, 2000.
- P. Scartezzini and E. Speroni, “Review on some plants of Indian traditional medicine with antioxidant activity,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 71, no. 1-2, pp. 23–43, 2000.
- A. Kumar, R. K. Kaundal, S. Iyer, and S. S. Sharma, “Effects of resveratrol on nerve functions, oxidative stress and DNA fragmentation in experimental diabetic neuropathy,” Life Sciences, vol. 80, no. 13, pp. 1236–1244, 2007.
- N. K. Hall, T. M. Chapman, H. J. Kim, and D. B. Min, “Antioxidant mechanisms of Trolox and ascorbic acid on the oxidation of riboflavin in milk under light,” Food Chemistry, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 534–539, 2010.
- O. I. Aruoma, B. Halliwell, B. M. Hoey, and J. Butler, “The antioxidant action of N-acetylcysteine: its reaction with hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl radical, superoxide, and hypochlorous acid,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 593–597, 1989.
- I. B. Afanas’ev, A. I. Dorozhko, A. V. Brodskii, V. A. Kostyuk, and A. I. Potapovitch, “Chelating and free radical scavenging mechanisms of inhibitory action of rutin and quercetin in lipid peroxidation,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1763–1769, 1989.
- J. H. Mitchell, P. T. Gardner, D. B. McPhail, P. C. Morrice, A. R. Collins, and G. G. Duthie, “Antioxidant efficacy of phytoestrogens in chemical and biological model systems,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 360, no. 1, pp. 142–148, 1998.
- V. Moret, Y. Laras, N. Pietrancosta et al., “1,-Xylyl bis-1,4,8,11-tetraaza cyclotetradecane: a new potential copper chelator agent for neuroprotection in Alzheimer's disease. Its comparative effects with clioquinol on rat brain copper distribution,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 3298–3301, 2006.
- L. Benvenisti-Zarom, J. Chempand, and R. F. Regan, “The oxidative neurotoxicity of clioquinol,” Neuropharmacology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 687–694, 2005.
- B. Refouvelet, C. Guyon, Y. Jacquot et al., “Synthesis of 4-hydroxycoumarin and 2,4-quinolinediol derivatives and evaluation of their effects on the viability of HepG2 cells and human hepatocytes culture,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 931–937, 2004.
- Y. Jacquot, A. Cleeren, I. Laios et al., “Pharmacological profile of 6,12-dihydro-3-methoxy-1-benzopyrano[3,4-b] [1,4]benzothiazin-6-one, a novel human estrogen receptor agonist,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 335–341, 2002.
- L. Ismaili, A. Nadaradjane, L. Nicod et al., “Synthesis and antioxidant activity evaluation of new hexahydropyrimido[5,4-c]quinoline-2,5-diones and 2-thioxohexahydropyrimido[5,4-c]quinoline-5-ones obtained by Biginelli reaction in two steps,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1270–1275, 2008.
- O. Dror, A. Shulman-Peleg, R. Nussinov, and H. J. Wolfson, “Predicting molecular interactions in silico—I. A guide to pharmacophore identification and its applications to drug design,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 71–90, 2004.
- P. D. Lyne, P. W. Kenny, D. A. Cosgrove et al., “Identification of compounds with nanomolar binding affinity for checkpoint kinase-1 using knowledge-based virtual screening,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1962–1968, 2004.
- A. Hirashima, M. Morimoto, H. Ohta, E. Kuwano, E. Taniguchi, and M. Eto, “Three-dimensional common-feature hypotheses for octopamine agonist1-arylimidazolidine-2-thiones,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 56–68, 2002.
- R. Amarowicz, R. B. Pegg, P. Rahimi-Moghaddam, B. Barl, and J. A. Weil, “Free-radical scavenging capacity and antioxidant activity of selected plant species from the Canadian prairies,” Food Chemistry, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 551–562, 2004.
- P. Siddhuraju and K. Becker, “The antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities of processed cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.) seed extracts,” Food Chemistry, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 10–19, 2006.
- S. K. Chung, T. Osawa, and S. Kawakishi, “Hydroxyl radical-scavenging effects of spices and scavengers from brown mustard (Brassica nigra),” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 118–123, 1997.
- M. Nishikimi, N. A. Rao, and K. Yagi, “The occurrence of superoxide anion in the reaction of reduced phenazine methosulfate and molecular oxygen,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 849–854, 1972.
- L. Ismaïli, B. Refouvelet, and J. F. Robert, “Synthesis of new pyrazolo[4,3-c]quinolin-3-one derivatives and some oxazolo[4,5-c]quinoline-2,4-diones,” Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 719–722, 1999.
- T. Hatano, H. Kagawa, T. Yasuhara, and T. Okuda, “Two new flavonoids and other constituents in licorice root: their relative astringency and radical scavenging effects,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 2090–2097, 1988.
- B. R. Brooks, R. E. Bruccoleri, B. D. Olafson, D. J. States, S. Swaminathan, and M. Karplus, “A program for macromolecular energy, minimization, and dynamics calculations,” Journal of Computational Chemistry, vol. 4, pp. 187–214, 1983.
- A. Smellie, S. L. Teig, and P. Towbin, “Poling: promoting conformational variation,” Journal of Computational Chemistry, vol. 16, pp. 171–187, 1995.
- J. Greene, S. Kahn, H. Savoj, P. Sprague, and S. Teig, “Chemical function queries for 3D database search,” Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1297–1308, 1994.