- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Molecular Imaging
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 942063, 6 pages
Revisiting the Marrow Metabolic Changes after Chemotherapy in Lymphoma: A Step towards Personalized Care
1Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Department of Radiology, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
3LSA, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
4Saybrook College, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
5Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
6Positron Diagnostic Center and Medical Cyclotron, Department of Nuclear Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W, Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Received 7 June 2011; Accepted 24 June 2011
Academic Editor: Jun Hatazawa
Copyright © 2011 Bingfeng Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Kumar, I. Maillard, S. J. Schuster, and A. Alavi, “Utility of fluorodeoxyglucose-PET imaging in the management of patients with Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1083–1100, 2004.
- C. Burton, P. Ell, and D. Linch, “The role of PET imaging in lymphoma,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 772–784, 2004.
- The Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Classification Project, “A clinical evaluation of the international lymphoma study group classification of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 3909–3918, 1997.
- P. Lu, “Staging and classification of lymphoma,” Seminars in Nuclear Medicine, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 160–164, 2005.
- D. A. Arber and T. I. George, “Bone marrow biopsy involvement by non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: frequency of lymphoma types, patterns, blood involvement, and discordance with other sites in 450 specimens,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1549–1557, 2005.
- S. S. Foo, P. L. Mitchell, S. U. Berlangieri, C. L. Smith, and A. M. Scott, “Positron emission tomography scanning in the assessment of patients with lymphoma,” Internal Medicine Journal, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 388–397, 2004.
- E. E. Pakos, A. D. Fotopoulos, and J. P. A. Ioannidis, “18F-FDG PET for evaluation of bone marrow infiltration in staging of lymphoma: a meta-analysis,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 958–963, 2005.
- K. Foucar, R. W. McKenna, G. Frizzera, and R. D. Brunning, “Bone marrow and blood involvement by lymphoma in relationship to the Lukes-Collins classification,” Cancer, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 888–897, 1982.
- M. G. Conlan, M. Bast, J. O. Armitage, et al., “Bone marrow involvement by non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma: the clinical significance of morphologic discordance between the lymph node and bone marrow. Nebraska Lymphoma Study Group,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1163–1172, 1990.
- C. Y. O. Wong, J. Thie, K. J. Parling-Lynch et al., “Investigating the existence of quantum metabolic values in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by F-18 FDG,” Molecular Imaging and Biology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2007.
- C. Y. O. Wong, D. Noujaim, H. F. Fu et al., “Time sensitivity: a parameter reflecting tumor metabolic kinetics by variable dual-time f-18 FDG PET imaging,” Molecular Imaging and Biology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 283–290, 2009.
- F. Moog, M. Bangerter, J. Kotzerke, A. Guhlmann, N. Frickhofen, and S. N. Reske, “18-F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography as a new approach to detect lymphomatous bone marrow,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 603–609, 1998.
- G. Jerusalem, Y. Beguin, F. Najjar et al., “Positron emission tomography (PET) with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) for the staging of low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL),” Annals of Oncology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 825–830, 2001.
- D. Fustera, S. Chianga, C. Andreadisb, et al., “Can [18F]Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography imaging complement biopsy results from the iliac crest for the detection of bone marrow involvement in patients with malignant lymphoma?” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 27, pp. 11–15, 2006.
- R. Elstrom, L. Guan, G. Baker et al., “Utility of FDG-PET scanning in lymphoma by WHO classification,” Blood, vol. 101, no. 10, pp. 3875–3876, 2003.
- N. G. Schaefer, K. Strobel, C. Taverna, and T. F. Hany, “Bone involvement in patients with lymphoma: the role of FDG-PET/CT,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 60–67, 2007.
- B. D. Cheson, B. Pfistner, M. E. Juweid et al., “Revised response criteria for malignant lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 579–586, 2007.