- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Microbiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 579593, 9 pages
Electron Beam Irradiation Dose Dependently Damages the Bacillus Spore Coat and Spore Membrane
1Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
2College of Technology, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
3College of Public Health, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Received 12 August 2011; Revised 13 October 2011; Accepted 14 October 2011
Academic Editor: David C. Straus
Copyright © 2012 S. E. Fiester et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jenia A. M. Tufts, M. Worth Calfee, Sang Don Lee, and Shawn P. Ryan, “Bacillus thuringiensis as a surrogate for Bacillus anthracis in aerosol research,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2013.
- Angela I. Bordin, Suresh D. Pillai, Courtney Brake, Kaytee B. Bagley, Jessica R. Bourquin, Michelle Coleman, Fabiano N. Oliveira, Waithaka Mwangi, David N. McMurray, Charles C. Love, Maria Julia B. Felippe, and Noah D. Cohen, “Immunogenicity of an Electron Beam Inactivated Rhodococcus equi Vaccine in Neonatal Foals,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Song Kwon, Gyung Ja Choi, Ki Sun Kim, and Hye Jin Kwon, “Control of Botrytis cinerea and Postharvest Quality of Cut Roses by Electron Beam Irradiation,” Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 507–516, 2014.
- Su-Yeon Lee, Sang-Hyun Park, and Dong-Hyun Kang, “Inactivation of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris Spores in Apple and Orange Juice Concentrates by Gamma Irradiation,” Journal of Food Protection, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 339–344, 2014.
- Anja Eichner, Anita Gollmer, Andreas Späth, Wolfgang Bäumler, Johannes Regensburger, Burkhard König, and Tim Maisch, “Fast and effective inactivation of Bacillus atrophaeus endospores using light-activated derivatives of vitamin B2,” Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 387–396, 2015.