- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 504645, 8 pages
Geometric Methods to Investigate Prolongation Structures for Differential Systems with Applications to Integrable Systems
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas, Edinburg, TX 78541-2999, USA
Received 8 January 2013; Accepted 13 February 2013
Academic Editor: Aloys Krieg
Copyright © 2013 Paul Bracken. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. B. Estabrook and H. D. Wahlquist, “Classical geometries defined by exterior differential systems on higher frame bundles,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 263–274, 1989.
- H. Cartan, Differential Forms, Dover, Mineola, NY, USA, 2006.
- M. J. Ablowitz, D. J. Kaup, A. C. Newell, and H. Segur, “Method for solving the sine-Gordon equation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 30, pp. 1262–1264, 1973.
- M. J. Ablowitz, D. K. Kaup, A. C. Newell, and H. Segur, “Nonlinear-evolution equations of physical significance,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 31, pp. 125–127, 1973.
- R. Sasaki, “Pseudopotentials for the general AKNS system,” Physics Letters A, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 77–80, 1979.
- R. Sasaki, “Geometric approach to soliton equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society. London, vol. 373, no. 1754, pp. 373–384, 1980.
- M. Crampin, “Solitons and ,” Physics Letters A, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 170–172, 1978.
- D. J. Kaup and J. Yang, “The inverse scattering transform and squared eigenfunctions for a degenerate operator,” Inverse Problems, vol. 25, no. 10, Article ID 105010, 2009.
- D. J. Kaup and R. A. Van Gorder, “The inverse scattering transform and squared eigenfunctions for the nondegenerate operator and its soliton structure,” Inverse Problems, vol. 26, no. 5, Article ID 055005, 2010.
- P. Bracken, “Intrinsic formulation of geometric integrability and associated Riccati system generating conservation laws,” International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 825–837, 2009.
- D. J. Kaup and R. A. Van Gorder, “Squared eigenfunctions and the perturbation theory for the nondegenerate N × N operator: a general outline,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, Article ID 434019, 2010.
- H. D. Wahlquist and F. B. Estabrook, “Prolongation structures of nonlinear evolution equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 16, pp. 1–7, 1975.
- P. Bracken, “On two-dimensional manifolds with constant Gaussian curvature and their associated equations,” International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, Article ID 1250018, 2012.