- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 418264, 5 pages
Copper-Metalized GaAs pHEMT with Cu/Ge Ohmic Contacts
1Microelectronics Department, Research and Production Company “Micran”, 47 Vershinina Street, Tomsk 634045, Russia
2RF Electronics Department, Submicron Technologies, 8 Akademicheskiy Avenue, Tomsk 634021, Russia
Received 29 November 2010; Accepted 1 March 2011
Academic Editor: Rüdiger Quay
Copyright © 2012 E. V. Anichenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Holloway and P. M. Fryer, “Tantalum as a diffusion barrier between copper and silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 57, no. 17, pp. 1736–1738, 1990.
- K. Holloway, P. M. Fryer, C. Cabral, J. M. E. Harper, P. J. Bailey, and K. H. Kelleher, “Tantalum as a diffusion barrier between copper and silicon: failure mechanism and effect of nitrogen additions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 5433–5444, 1992.
- US Patent no. 0292785 A1, 2006.
- D. S. Yoon, H. K. Baik, and S. M. Lee, “Effect on thermal stability of a Cu/Ta/Si heterostructure of the incorporatio of cerium oxide into the Ta barrier,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 12, pp. 8074–8076, 1998.
- C. Y. Chen, L. Chang, E. Y. Chang, S. H. Chen, and D. F. Chang, “Thermal stability of Cu/Ta/GaAs multilayers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 21, pp. 3367–3368, 2000.
- C. Y. Chen, E. Y. Chang, L. Chang, and S. H. Chen, “Backside copper metallization of GaAs MESFETs,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 15, pp. 1317–1318, 2000.
- C. Y. Chen, E. Y. Chang, L. Chang, and S. H. Chen, “Backside copper metallization of GaAs MESFETs using TaN as the diffusion barrier,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1033–1036, 2001.
- H. C. Chang, E. Y. Chang, Y. C. Lien et al., “Use of WNx as diffusion barrier for copper airbridged low noise GaAs PHEMT,” Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 24, pp. 1763–1765, 2003.
- E. V. Erofeev and V. A. Kagadei, “A means of preparation of ohmic contacts to GaAs on the basis of thin films of Ge and Cu,” Patent application no. 2009130823, 2009.
- M. O. Aboelfotoh, C. L. Lin, and J. M. Woodall, “Novel low-resistance ohmic contact to n-type GaAs using CuGe,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 65, no. 25, pp. 3245–3247, 1994.
- S. Oktyabrsky, M. O. Aboelfotoh, and J. Narayan, “Chemistry of Cu-Ge Ohmic Contact Layers to GaAs,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1673–1683, 1996.
- M. O. Aboelfotoh, S. Oktyabrsky, J. Narayan, and J. M. Woodall, “Electrical and microstructural characteristics of Ge/Cu ohmic contacts to n-type GaAs,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2325–2331, 1997.
- C. S. Zhavzharov, N. Antonchenko, and V. Matyushin, “Modification of parameters of thin copper films under the action of atomic hydrogen,” Visnyk of Lviv University, vol. 42, pp. 39–46, 2008.