- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 328406, 6 pages
CMOS Ultra-Wideband Low Noise Amplifier Design
1Electronics and Communications Engineering Department, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, New Borg Al-Arab, 21934 Alexandria, Egypt
2E-JUST Center, Kyushu University, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
3Graduate School of ISSE, Kyushu University, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 26 March 2013
Academic Editor: Mohammad S. Hashmi
Copyright © 2013 K. Yousef et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Lin, C. Z. Chen, H. Y. Yang et al., “Analysis and design of a CMOS UWB LNA with dual-RLC-branch wideband input matching network,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 287–296, 2010.
- A. I. A. Galal, R. K. Pokharel, H. Kanay, and K. Yoshida, “Ultra-wideband low noise amplifier with shunt resistive feedback in 0.18 μm CMOS process,” in Proceedings of the 10th Topical Meeting on Silicon Monolithic Integrated Circuits in RF Systems (SiRF '10), pp. 33–36, January 2010.
- K. Yousef, H. Jia, R. Pokharel, A. Allam, M. Ragab, and K. Yoshida, “A 2–16 GHz CMOS current reuse cascaded ultra-wideband low noise amplifier,” in Proceedings of the Saudi International Electronics, Communications and Photonics Conference (SIECPC '11), April 2011.
- K. Yousef, H. Jia, R. Pokharel, A. Allam, M. Ragab, and K. Yoshida, “Design of 3D Integrated Inductors for RFICs,” in Proceeding of 2012 Japan Egypt Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (JECECC '12), pp. 22–25.
- X. N. Wang, X. L. Zhao, Y. Zhou, X. H. Dai, and B. C. Cai, “Fabrication and performance of novel RF spiral inductors on silicon,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 737–740, 2005.
- A. M. Niknejad and R. G. Meyer, “Analysis, design, and optimization of spiral inductors and transformers for Si RF IC's,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1470–1481, 1998.
- T. H. Lee, The Design of CMOS Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits, Cambridge University Press, 2nd edition, 2004.
- S. S. Mohan, M. Del Mar Hershenson, S. P. Boyd, and T. H. Lee, “Bandwidth extension in CMOS with optimized on-chip inductors,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 346–355, 2000.
- H. T. Friis, “Noise figure of radio receivers,” Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 419–422, 1944.
- H. Y. Tsui and J. Lau, “Experimental results and die area efficient self-shielded on-chip vertical solenoid inductors for multi-GHz CMOS RFIC,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC) Symposium, pp. 243–246, June 2003.
- H. Garcia, S. Khemchndai, R. Puildo, A. Lturri, and J. Pino, “A Wideband active feedback LNA with a Modified 3D inductor,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, pp. 1561–1567, 2010.
- P. Sun, Sh. Liao, H. Lin, Ch. Yang, and Y. Hsiao, “Design of 3.1 to 10.6 GHz ultra-wideband low noise amplifier with current reuse techniques and low power consumption,” in Proceedings of the Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, pp. 901–905, Beijing, China, March 2009.
- A. I. A. Galal, R. K. Pokharel, H. Kanaya, and K. Yoshida, “1-5GHz wideband low noise amplifier using active inductor,” in 2010 IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband, ICUWB2010, pp. 193–196, chn, September 2010.