- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Nephrology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 283475, 4 pages
Pulmonary Hypertension in Dialysis Patients: A Cross-Sectional Italian Study
1Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Hospital St. Anna, Corso Giovecca 203, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
2Hypertension Unit, University Hospital St. Anna, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Received 31 July 2010; Accepted 26 August 2010
Academic Editor: Mitchell H. Rosner
Copyright © 2011 Fabio Fabbian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Martin, J. R. Klinger, and S. I. S. Rounds, “Pulmonary arterial hypertension: new insights and new hope,” Respirology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 6–17, 2006.
- M. Yigla, O. Fruchter, D. Aharonson et al., “Pulmonary hypertension is an independent predictor of mortality in hemodialysis patients,” Kidney International, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 969–975, 2009.
- M. Yigla, Z. Abassi, S. A. Reisner, and F. Nakhoul, “Pulmonary hypertension in hemodialysis patients: an unrecognized threat,” Seminars in Dialysis, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 353–357, 2006.
- M. Yigla, F. Nakhoul, A. Sabag et al., “Pulmonary hypertension in patients with end-stage renal disease,” Chest, vol. 123, no. 5, pp. 1577–1582, 2003.
- F. Nakhoul, M. Yigla, R. Gilman, S. A. Reisner, and Z. Abassi, “The pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension in haemodialysis patients via arterio-venous access,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1686–1692, 2005.
- T. G. Pickering, J. E. Hall, L. J. Appel et al., “Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals. Part 1: blood pressure measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the subcommittee of professional and public education of the American Heart Association Council on High Blood Pressure Research,” Hypertension, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 142–161, 2005.
- A. Dabestani, G. Mahan, J. M. Gardin, et al., “Evaluation of pulmonary artery pressure and resistance by pulsed Doppler echocardiography,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 662–668, 1987.
- F. Tarrass, M. Benjelloun, G. Medkouri, K. Hachim, M. G. Benghanem, and B. Ramdani, “Doppler echocardiograph evaluation of pulmonary hypertension in patients undergoing hemodialysis,” Hemodialysis International, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 356–359, 2006.
- A. A. Beigi, A. M. M. Sadeghi, A. R. Khosravi, M. Karami, and H. Masoudpour, “Effects of the arteriovenous fistula on pulmonary artery pressure and cardiac output in patients with chronic renal failure,” Journal of Vascular Access, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 160–166, 2009.
- N. Issa, M. J. Krowka, M. D. Griffin, L. J. Hickson, M. D. Stegall, and F. G. Cosio, “Pulmonary hypertension is associated with reduced patient survival after kidney transplantation,” Transplantation, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 1384–1388, 2008.
- R. J. Harp, S. W. Stavropoulos, A. G. Wasserstein, and T. W. I. Clark, “Pulmonary hypertension among end-stage renal failure patients following hemodialysis access thrombectomy,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2005.
- M. Akmal, R. R. Barndt, A. N. Ansari, J. G. Mohler, and S. G. Massry, “Excess PTH in CRF induces pulmonary calcification, pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy,” Kidney International, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 158–163, 1995.
- M. Amin, A. Fawzy, M. A. Hamid, and A. Elhendy, “Pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic renal failure: role of parathyroid hormone and pulmonary artery calcifications,” Chest, vol. 124, no. 6, pp. 2093–2097, 2003.
- Y. Havlucu, S. Kursat, C. Ekmekci et al., “Pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic renal failure,” Respiration, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 503–510, 2007.
- L. Kumbar, P. A. Fein, M. A. Rafiq, C. Borawski, J. Chattopadhyay, and M. M. Avram, “Pulmonary hypertension in peritoneal dialysis patients,” Advances in Peritoneal Dialysis, vol. 23, pp. 127–131, 2007.