- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Nephrology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 392708, 8 pages
The Role of Salt in the Pathogenesis of Fructose-Induced Hypertension
1The Center on Genetics of Transport and Epithelial Biology, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, MSB 6312, Cincinnati, OH 45267-0585, USA
2Research Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
3Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, MSB 6312, Cincinnati, OH 45267-0585, USA
4Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 19 January 2011; Revised 14 April 2011; Accepted 30 April 2011
Academic Editor: Anil K. Agarwal
Copyright © 2011 Manoocher Soleimani and Pooneh Alborzi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joanna Suliburska, Paweł Bogdański, and Monika Szulińska, “Iron Excess Disturbs Metabolic Status and Relative Gonad Mass in Rats on High Fat, Fructose, and Salt Diets,” Biological Trace Element Research, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 263–268, 2012.
- Gabriella D. Queiroz-Leite, Renato O. Crajoinas, Elida A. Neri, Camila N. A. Bezerra, Adriana C. C. Girardi, Nancy Amaral Reboucas, and Gerhard Malnic, “Fructose Acutely Stimulates NHE3 Activity in Kidney Proximal Tubule,” Kidney & Blood Pressure Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 320–334, 2012.
- Manoocher Soleimani, “SLC26 Cl-/HCO3- exchangers in the kidney: roles in health and disease,” Kidney International, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 657–666, 2013.