- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Nephrology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 419213, 3 pages
Purple Urine Bag Syndrome: An Alarming Hue? A Brief Review of the Literature
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0901, USA
Received 1 August 2011; Accepted 9 August 2011
Academic Editor: Greg Tesch
Copyright © 2011 Fahad Khan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. N. Arnold, “King George III's urine and indigo blue,” The Lancet, vol. 347, no. 9018, pp. 1811–1813, 1996.
- G. B. Barlow and J. A. S. Dickson, “Purple urine bags,” The Lancet, vol. 28, pp. 220–221, 1978.
- S. F. Dealler, P. W. Belfield, M. Bedford, A. J. Whitley, and G. P. Mulley, “Purple urine bags,” Journal of Urology, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 769–770, 1989.
- S. Umeki, “Purple urine bag syndrome (PUBS) associated with strong alkaline urine,” Kansenshogaku Zasshi, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 1172–1177, 1993.
- C. C. Shiao, C. Y. Weng, J. C. Chuang, M. S. Huang, and Z. Y. Chen, “Purple urine bag syndrome: a community-based study and literature review,” Nephrology, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 554–559, 2008.
- S. D. Chung, C. H. Liao, and H. D. Sun, “Purple urine bag syndrome with acidic urine,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 526–527, 2008.
- I. W. Ting, R. Wang, V. C. Wu, P. R. Hsueh, and K. Y. Hung, “Purple urine bag syndrome in a hemodialysis patient,” Kidney International, vol. 71, no. 9, p. 956, 2007.
- R. D. Aycock, “A case of purple urine bag syndrome in a patient with an ileal conduit,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 580–583, 2010.
- F. H. Su, S. Y. Chung, M. H. Chen et al., “Case analysis of purple urine-bag syndrome at a long-term care service in a community hospital,” Chang Gung Medical Journal, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 636–642, 2005.
- R. N. Pillai, J. Clavijo, M. Narayanan, and K. Zaman, “An association of purple urine bag syndrome with intussusception,” Urology, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 812.e1–812.e2, 2007.
- Y. M. Tasi, M. S. Huang, C. J. Yang, S. M. Yeh, and C. C. Liu, “Purple urine bag syndrome, not always a benign process,” The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 895–897, 2009.
- B. P. Pillai, V. H. Chong, and A. M. L. Yong, “Purple urine bag syndrome,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. e193–e194, 2009.