- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Nephrology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 304135, 6 pages
Morphological Characterization of the Polyflux 210H Hemodialysis Filter Pores
1College of Dentistry, University of Saskatchewan, 105 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E4
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, 57 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5A9
3Saskatchewan Transplant Program, St. Paul’s Hospital, 1702, 20th Street West, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7M 0Z9
4Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W8
Received 20 August 2012; Accepted 9 October 2012
Academic Editor: Vladimír Tesař
Copyright © 2012 A. Hedayat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B.-H. Sue, Y. Shi, P. Fu, Y. Tao, S. Nie, and C.-S Zhao, “Clinical evaluation of polyethersulfone high-flux hemodialysis membrane compared to other membranes,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 124, pp. E91–E98, 2012.
- A. Rastogi and A. R. Nissenson, “Technological advances in renal replacement therapy: five years and beyond,” Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 4, supplement 1, pp. S132–S136, 2009.
- H. Klinkmann, P. Ivanovich, and D. Falkenhagen, “Biocompatibility: the need for a systems approach,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 40–42, 1993.
- K. Opatrný, “Clinical importance of biocompatibility and its effect on haemodialysis treatment,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 18, supplement 5, pp. V41–V44, 2003.
- S. Subramanian, R. Venkataraman, and J. A. Kellum, “Influence of dialysis membranes on outcomes in acute renal failure: a meta-analysis,” Kidney International, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 1819–1823, 2002.
- J. Chanard, S. Lavaud, C. Randoux, and P. Rieu, “New insights in dialysis membrane biocompatibility: relevance of adsorption properties and heparin binding,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 252–257, 2003.
- W. E. Bloembergen, R. M. Hakim, D. C. Stannard et al., “Relationship of dialysis membrane and cause-specific mortality,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1999.
- G. Eknoyan and T. Greene, “Hemo study group: primary results from the HEMO study,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 13, article 421A, 2002.
- R. Deppisch, M. Storr, R. Buck, and H. Göhl, “Blood material interactions at the surfaces of membranes in medical applications,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 14, no. 1–3, pp. 241–254, 1998.
- S. Lee, G. Park, G. Amy et al., “Determination of membrane pore size distribution using the fractional rejection of nonionic and charged macromolecules,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 201, no. 1-2, pp. 191–201, 2002.
- F. H. She, K. L. Tung, and L. X. Kong, “Calculation of effective pore diameters in porous filtration membranes with image analysis,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 427–434, 2008.
- A. Mey-Marom and M. G. Katz, “Measurement of active pore size distribution of microporous membranes—a new approach,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 119–130, 1986.
- C. C. Ho and A. L. Zydney, “Measurement of membrane pore interconnectivity,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 101–112, 2000.
- P. Emsley, B. Lohkamp, W. G. Scott, and K. Cowtan, “Features and development of Coot,” Acta Crystallographica Section D, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 486–501, 2010.
- A. Bernard, A. Ouled Amor, and R. Lauwerys, “Charge-dependent renal uptake of beta2-microglobulin in conscious rats,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 415–423, 1992.
- P. A. Peterson, P. E. Evrin, and I. Berggård, “Differentiation of glomerular, tubular, and normal proteinuria: determinations of urinary excretion of beta-2-macroglobulin, albumin, and total protein,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1189–1198, 1969.
- J. Han, J. Fu, and R. B. Schoch, “Molecular sieving using nanofilters: past, present and future,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 23–33, 2007.
- A. P. Broek, H. A. Teunis, D. Bargeman, E. D. Sprengers, and C. A. Smolders, “Characterization of hollow fiber hemodialysis membranes: pore size distribution and performance,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 73, no. 2-3, pp. 143–152, 1992.
- R. A. Ward, “Protein-leaking membranes for hemodialysis: a new class of membranes in search of an application?” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2421–2430, 2005.
- C. Ronco, S. Kumar Bowry, A. Brendolan et al., “Hemodialyzer: from macro-design to membrane nanostructure; the case of the FX-class of hemodialyzers,” Kidney International, Supplement, vol. 61, no. 80, pp. S126–S142, 2002.