- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Nephrology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 509012, 6 pages
Prevalence and Quality of Life of Slovenian Children with Primary Nocturnal Enuresis
Department of Paediatrics, University Medical Centre Maribor, Ljubljanska ulica 5, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
Received 1 March 2012; Revised 11 June 2012; Accepted 25 June 2012
Academic Editor: Anil K. Agarwal
Copyright © 2012 Katja Karničnik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Noørgaard, J. D. Van Gool, K. Hjälmås, J. C. Djurhuus, and A. L. Hellström, “Standardization and definitions in lower urinary tract dysfunction in children,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, supplement 3, pp. 1–16, 1998.
- M. Cendron, “Primary nocturnal enuresis: current,” American Family Physician, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1205–1214, 1999.
- N. Semolič, A. Ravnikar, A. Meglič, B. Japelj-Pavešić, and R. B. Kenda, “The occurrence of primary nocturnal enuresis and associated factors in 5-year-old outpatients in Slovenia,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 1994–1998, 2009.
- C. K. Yeung, “Nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting),” Current Opinion in Urology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 337–343, 2003.
- T. Neveus, P. Eggert, J. Evans et al., “Evaluation of and treatment for monosymptomatic enuresis: a standardization document from the international children's continence society,” Journal of Urology, vol. 183, no. 2, pp. 441–447, 2010.
- W. L. M. Robson, “Evaluation and management of enuresis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 360, no. 14, pp. 1429–1436, 2009.
- M. J. Morison, “Living with a young person who wets the bed: the families' experience.,” British Journal of Nursing, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 572–578, 2000.
- F. Assiri, A. Al-Yousif, and N. Al-Mahmoud, “Nocturnal enuresis among children attending Kifan primary health care center in Kuwait,” Alexandria Bulletin, vol. 43, pp. 879–887, 2007.
- W. J. Warzak, “Psychosocial implications of nocturnal enuresis,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 32, pp. 38–40, 1993.
- P. Ertan, O. Yilmaz, M. Caglayan, A. Sogut, S. Aslan, and H. Yuksel, “Relationship of sleep quality and quality of life in children with monosymptomatic enuresis,” Child: Care, Health and Development, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 469–474, 2009.
- A. Egemen, I. Akil, E. Canda, B. C. Ozyurt, and E. Eser, “An evaluation of quality of life of mothers of children with enuresis nocturna,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 93–98, 2008.
- M. Esposito, M. Carotenuto, and M. Roccella, “Primary nocturnal enuresis and learning disability,” Minerva Pediatrica, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 99–104, 2011.
- J. M. Hunsballe, T. K. Hansen, S. Rittig, E. B. Pedersen, and J. C. Djurhuus, “The efficacy of DDAVP is related to the circadian rhythm of urine output in patients with persisting nocturnal enuresis,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 793–801, 1998.
- R. J. Butler, J. Golding, and K. Northstone, “Nocturnal enuresis at 7.5 years old: prevalence and analysis of clinical signs,” BJU International, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 404–410, 2005.
- W. I. Forsythe and R. J. Butler, “Fifty years of enuretic alarms,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 879–885, 1989.
- M. M. Rocha, N. J. Costa, and E. F. Silvares, “Changes in parents' and self-reports of behavioral problems in Brazilian adolescents after behavioral treatment with urine alarm for nocturnal enuresis,” International Brazilian Journal of Urology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 749–757, 2008.
- C. Joinson, J. Heron, A. Emond, and R. Butler, “Psychological problems in children with bedwetting and combined (day and night) wetting: a UK population-based study,” Journal of Pediatric Psychology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 605–616, 2007.
- R. J. Butler and J. Heron, “The prevalence of infrequent bedwetting and nocturnal enuresis in childhood,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 257–264, 2008.
- J. Spee-van Der Wekke, R. A. Hirasing, J. F. Meulmeester, and J. J. Radder, “Childhood nocturnal enuresis in the Netherlands,” Urology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1022–1026, 1998.
- S. Wille, “Primary nocturnal enuresis in children. Background and treatment,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, no. 156, pp. 1–48, 1994.
- S. D. Lee, D. W. Sohn, J. Z. Lee, N. C. Park, and M. K. Chung, “An epidemiological study of enuresis in Korean children,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 85, no. 7, pp. 869–873, 2000.
- J. M. M. de Miguelsanz, S. L. L. de Armentia, L. M. R. Fernández, M. T. P. Benavides, M. C. T. Hinojal, G. Martin, et al., “An epidemiological analysis of the sequence of bladder control and nocturnal enuresis prevalence in the children of the province of León,” Anales Españoles de Pediatría, vol. 44, pp. 561–567, 1996.
- A. Kawauchi, Y. Tanaka, Y. Yamao, M. Inaba, M. Kanazawa, O. Ukimura, et al., “study of bedwetting 3 to 5 years of age,” . Urology, vol. 58, pp. 772–776, 2001.
- H. B. Lottmann, “Treatment of nocturnal enuresis in France,” Presse Medicale, vol. 29, no. 18, pp. 987–990, 2000.