- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Navigation and Observation
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 356975, 15 pages
Performance of Deconvolution Methods in Estimating CBOC-Modulated Signals
1Departartment of Communications Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere 33720, Finland
2Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Received 3 November 2010; Revised 8 March 2011; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editor: Olivier Julien
Copyright © 2011 Danai Skournetou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Kaplan, Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1996.
- M. Braasch, Multipath Effects, Global Positioning Systems: Theory and Applications, vol. 1, chapter 14, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 1996.
- B. Townsend and P. Fenton, “Practical approach to the reduction of pseudorange multipath errors in a L1 GPS receiver,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION-GPS '94), vol. 1, pp. 143–148, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, September 1994.
- A. J. van Dierendonck, P. Fenton, and T. Ford, “Theory and performance of narrow correlator spacing in a GPS receiver,” Navigation, Journal of the Institute of Navigation, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 265–283, 1992.
- G. McGraw and M. Braasch, “GNSS multipath mitigation using high resolution correlator concepts,” in Proceedings of the ION National Technical Meeting, pp. 333–342, San Diego, Calif, USA, January 1999.
- V. A. Veitsel, A. Zhdanov, and M. I. Zhodzishsky, “The mitigation of multipath errors by strobe correlators in GPS/GLONASS receivers,” GPS Solutions, 1998.
- D. Skournetou and E. S. Lohan, “Non-coherent multiple correlator delay structures and their tracking performance for Galileo signals,” in Proceedings of the European Navigation Conference in Global Navigation Satellite Systems (ENC-GNSS '07), pp. 247–258, Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- E. S. Lohan, A. Lakhzouri, and M. Renfors, “Feedforward delay estimators in adverse multipath propagation for galileo and modernized GPS signals,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 50971, 19 pages, 2006.
- M. Z. H. Bhuiyan, E. S. Lohan, and M. Renfors, “Peak tracking algorithm for Galileo-based positioning in multipath fading channels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 5927–5932, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, June 2007.
- D. Skournetou and E. S. Lohan, “Discontinuity-based code delay estimator for GNSS signals,” in Proceedings of the 4th Advanced Satellite Mobile Systems (ASMS '08), pp. 213–222, Bologna, Italy, August 2008.
- M. S. Braasch and A. J. van Dierendonck, “GPS receiver architectures and measurements,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 48–64, 1999.
- S. K. Kalyanaraman, J. M. Kelly, M. S. Braasch, and J. Kacirek, “Influence of GPS code tracking on carrier-phase multipath performance,” in Proceeding of the IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, pp. 1677–1686, March 2004.
- S. K. Kalyanaraman, M. S. Braasch, and J. M. Kelly, “Code tracking architecture influence on GPS carrier multipath,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 548–561, 2006.
- J. K. Ray and M. E. Cannon, “Characterization of GPS carrier phase multipath,” in Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation National Technical Meeting (ION NTM '99), pp. 343–352, San Diego, Calif, USA, January 1999.
- L. Garin and J. Rousseau, “Enhanced strobe correlator multipath rejection for code and carrier,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION-GPS '97), pp. 559–568, Kansas City, Mo, USA, September 1997.
- B. R. Townsend, P. C. Fenton, K. J. V. Dierendonck, and D. J. R. van Nee, “Ll carrier phase multipath error reduction using medll technology,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION-GPS '95), Palm Springs, Calif, USA, September, 1995.
- J. W. Betz, “The offset carrier modulation for GPS modernization,” in Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation (ION) Technical Meeting, pp. 639–648, 1999.
- “Galileo Open Service signal in space interface control document OS SIS ICS,” September 2010, http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/satnav/galileo/open-service/index_en.htm.
- A. Jovanovic, Y. Tawk, C. Botteron, and P. A. Farine, “Multipath mitigation techniques for CBOC, TMBOC and ALtBOC signals using advanced correlators architectures,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ION Position, Location And Navigation Symposium, pp. 1127–1136, Indian Wells/Palm Springs, Calif, USA, May 2010.
- A. Jovanovic, C. Botteron, and P. A. Farine, “Analysis and performance of tracking schemes for galileo mboc signal,” in Proceedings of the European Navigation Conference on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (ENC-GNSS '09), Naples, Italy, May 2009.
- M. Fantino, G. Marucco, P. Mulassano, and M. Pini, “Performance analysis of MBOC, AltBOC and BOC modulations in terms of multipath effects on the carrier tracking loop within GNSS receivers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium, PLANS, pp. 369–376, Monterey, Calif, USA, May 2008.
- M. Fantino, P. Mulassano, F. Dovis, and L. Lo Presti, “Performance of the proposed galileo CBOC modulation in heavy multipath environment,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 323–339, 2008.
- N. R. Yousef, A. H. Sayed, and N. Khajehnouri, “Adaptive subchip multipath resolving for wireless location systems,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 25431, 16 pages, 2006.
- D. Skournetou, A. H. Sayed, and E. S. Lohan, “A deconvolution algorithm for estimating jointly the line-of-sight code delay and carrier phase of GNSS signals,” in Proceedings of the European Navigation Conference on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (ENC-GNSS '09), Naples, Italy, May 2009.
- S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, vol. 2, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- E. S. Lohan, A. Lakhzouri, and M. Renfors, “Binary-offset-carrier modulation techniques with applications in satellite navigation systems,” Wiley Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 767–779, 2007.
- E. A. Gadallah, Global Positioning System (GPS) Receiver Design For Multipaths Mitigation, Ph.D. thesis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson American Foundation for the Blind (AFB), Ohio, USA, 1998.
- M. Irsigler, J. A. Avila-Rodriguez, and G. W. Hein, “Criteria for GNSS multipath performance assessment,” in Proceedings of the International Technical Meeting of the Institute of Navigation (ION-GNSS '05), Long Beach, Calif, USA, September 2005.