- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Navigation and Observation
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 946319, 15 pages
Simplifying the Performance Analysis of the SPRT for GPS Acquisition
1Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University College Cork, College Rd., Cork, Ireland
2PLAN Group, Departement of Geomatics Engineering, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Received 18 August 2010; Revised 7 December 2010; Accepted 13 February 2011
Academic Editor: Abbas Mohammed
Copyright © 2011 Niamh O'Mahony et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. D. Kaplan and C. Hegarty, Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Artech House, 2006.
- A. Wald, Sequential Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- Y. Gong, H. Yang, W. Hu, and W. Yu, “An efficient particle filter based distributed track-before-detect algorithm for weak targets,” in Proceedings of the IET International Radar Conference, pp. 1–6, April 2009.
- J. Guo, G. Zhong, D. Qu, and T. Jiang, “Multi-slot spectrum sensing with backward SPRT in cognitive radio networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP '09), pp. 1–5, November 2009.
- D. I. Kim and Y. R. Lee, “Fast cell search using I/Q multiplexed code in asynchronous DS/CDMA cellular systems,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques & Applications, vol. 3, pp. 832–836, September 1998.
- G. S. Hosangadi and C. W. Baum, “Hybrid sequential acquisition schemes for noncoherent chip-asynchronous DS/SS systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '98), pp. 1242–1247, Atlanta, Ga, USA, June 1998.
- B. Lang, T. Han, and X. Gu, “A robust non-coherent sequential code acquisition scheme for DS/SS communications,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Signal Processing (ICSP '08), pp. 1939–1942, October 2008.
- Y. H. Lee and S. J. Kim, “Sequence acquisition of DS-CDMA systems employing gold sequences,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2397–2404, 2000.
- S. Tantaratana, A. W. Lam, and P. J. Vincent, “Noncoherent sequential acquisition of PN sequences for DS/SS communications with/without channel fading,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 43, no. 234, pp. 1738–1745, 1995.
- N. O'Mahony, C. O'Driscoll, and C. C. Murphy, “Performance of sequential probability ratio test for GPS acquisition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 1–6, Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
- D. M. DiCarlo and C. L. Weber, “Multiple dwell serial search: performance and application to direct sequence code acquisition,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 650–659, 1983.
- P. Tong, “A suboptimum synchronization procedure for pseudo-noise communication systems,” in Proceedings of the National Telecommunications Conference, pp. 26D–1–26D–5, 1973.
- N. O'Mahony, C. C. Murphy, and G. Lachapelle, “A dual-threshold up-down counter for GPS acquisition,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 1093–1102, 2011.
- K. K. Chawla and D. V. Sarwate, “Acquisition of PN sequences in chip synchronous DS/SS systems using a random sequence model and the SPRT,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 2325–2331, 1994.
- J. C. Lin, “Noncoherent sequential PN code acquisition using sliding correlation for chip-asynchronous direct-sequence spread-spectrum communications,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 664–676, 2002.
- P. Misra and P. Enge, Global Positioning Systemml: Signals, Measurements and Performance, Ganga-Jamuna Press, 2006.
- J. G. Proakis, “Exact distribution functions of test length for sequential processors with discrete input data,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 182–191, 1963.
- E. Falletti, M. Pini, L. Lo Presti, and D. Margaria, “Assessment on low complexity C/No estimators based on M-PSK signal model for GNSS receivers,” in Proceedings of IEEE/ION Position Location and Navigation Symposium (PLANS '08), pp. 167–172, May 2008.
- M. S. Sharawi, D. M. Akos, and D. N. Aloi, “GPS C/N estimation in the presence of interference and limited quantization levels,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 227–238, 2007.
- C. Caini, G. E. Corazza, and A. Vanelli-Coralli, “DS-CDMA code acquisition in the presence of correlated fading—part II: application to cellular networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1397–1407, 2004.
- G. E. Albert, “On the computation of the sampling characteristics of a general class of sequential decision problems,” The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 340–356, 1954.
- G. Corsini, E. Mese, G. Marchetti, and L. Verrazzani, “Comments on ‘on a direct method of analysis and synthesis of the SPRT’ by I. Vrana,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 573–574, 1984.
- W. H. Sheen and H. C. Wang, “Performance analysis of the biased square-law sequential detector with signal present,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1268–1272, 1997.
- W. Kendall, “Performance of the biased square-law sequential detector in the absence of signal,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 1965.
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas Graphs and Mathematical Tables, Applied Mathematics Series, United States Department of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, 1964.
- H. Akaike, “A new look at the statistical model identification,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 716–723, 1974.
- A. K. Seghouane, “The akaike information criterion with parameter uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM '06), pp. 430–434, Waltham, Mass, USA, July 2006.
- PLAN Group, “ receiver,” 2010, http://plan.geomatics.ucalgary.ca/software_gsnrx.php.
- J. G. Proakis and M. Salehi, Digital Communications, McGraw-Hill, 5th edition, 2008.