- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Navigation and Observation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 961785, 11 pages
Outlier-Detection-Based Indoor Localization System for Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Received 15 August 2011; Revised 21 December 2011; Accepted 6 February 2012
Academic Editor: Olivier Julien
Copyright © 2012 Yu-Chi Chen and Jyh-Ching Juang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Phoha, T. LaPorta, and C. Griffin, Eds., Sensor Network Operations, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- R. Mannings, Ubiquitous Positioning, Artech House, 2008.
- A. Bensky, Wireless Positioning: Technologies and Applications, Artech House, 2008.
- G. Mao, B. Fidan, and B. D. O. Anderson, “Wireless sensor network localization techniques,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2529–2553, 2007.
- R. Want, A. Hopper, V. Falcao, and J. Gibbons, “Active badge location system,” ACM Transactions on Information Systems, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 91–102, 1992.
- N. B. Priyantha, A. Chakraborty, and H. Balakrishnan, “Cricket location-support system,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM'00), pp. 32–43, August 2000.
- P. Bahl, A. Balachandran, and V. Padmanabhan, “RADAR: an in-building user location and tracking system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer and Communications, vol. 2, pp. 775–784, 2000.
- J. C. Juang, T. K. Weng, P. V. Cuong, C. Y. Hsu, Y. H. Lee, and S. H. Su, “Experimental assessment of wireless sensor network localization techniques,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2008.
- J. C. Juang, Y. C. Chen, W. C. Sun, C. L. Chu, and J. C. Wang, “Development of an RSS-based sensor network localization method: a kriging approach,” in Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2009.
- Y. Shang, W. Ruml, Y. Zhang, and M. Fromherz, “Localization from connectivity in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 961–974, 2004.
- I. Borg and P. Groenen, Modern Multidimensional Scaling, Theory and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- S. J. Benson, Y. Ye, and X. Zhang, “Solving large-scale sparse semidefinite programs for combinatorial optimization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 443–461, 2000.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “DV Based positioning in Ad Hoc networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 22, no. 1–4, pp. 267–280, 2003.
- S. Ito and N. Kawaguchi, “Bayesian based location estimation system using wireless LAN,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom'05), pp. 273–278, March 2005.
- T. Roos, P. Myllymäki, H. Tirri, P. Misikangas, and J. Sievänen, “A Probabilistic Approach to WLAN User Location Estimation,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 155–164, 2002.
- V. J. Hodge and J. Austin, “A survey of outlier detection methodologies,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 85–126, 2004.
- R. K. Pearson, “Outliers in process modeling and identification,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 55–63, 2002.
- Y. Zhang, N. Meratnia, and P. Havinga, “Outlier detection techniques for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Communication Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 12, no. 2, 2010.
- L. Davies and U. Gather, “The identification of multiple outliers,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 88, pp. 782–801, 1993.
- S. Subramaniam, T. Palpanas, D. Papadopoulos, V. Kalogeraki, and D. Gunopulos, “Online outlier detection in sensor data using non-parametric models,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Databases, 2006.
- D. Scott, Multivariate Density Estimation: Theory, Practice and Visualization, Wiley & Sons, 1992.
- “Texas Instrument, CC2431:System-on-Chip (SoC) Solution for ZigBee/IEEE802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Network Datasheet,” http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/cc2431.html.
- “ZigBee Alliance, ZigBee Specifications,” Tech. Rep. 053474r06, version 1.0, 2005, http://www.zigbee.org/.